How to choose a nail Yachting?
Yachting varnish - it is an effective, water-resistant and affordable means for processing wooden classic yachts. Today, it is also actively used for the purpose of repairs in urban studio apartments and country cottages. Let's try to give a thorough description of the composition, in order to understand how it is reliable, and whether to trust advertising.
Yachting varnish can be of different compositions and different in price, practicality, ease of use and toxicity.
Initially, a varnish intended for the treatment of the outer shell of sea and river ships type. It is not suitable for in-house work, although many people today ignore this recommendation and cover them parquet. The fact that in its manufacture manufacturers make the main emphasis on the achievement of such characteristics as durability and reliability. To achieve them, in the water-resistant agent added is quite toxic components (toluene and xylene). Let's examine them in more detail:
- Toluene belongs to the highly volatile benzene compounds. That is, it contains in its chemical composition of carbon and hydrogen. Such a substance easily comes into contact with oxygen, and therefore can be inhaled by man. Symptoms such poisoning are dizziness, mucosal damage and even pulmonary edema. In other words, the toluene evaporates rather slowly, but in such an amount that a person can get a lethal dose.
- Xylene, benzene is difficult and adversely affects human health. Vapors are able to penetrate the body not only through the breath, but also through the skin pores. Poisoning xylene person suffers very hard. A long period of its effect on the body provokes stress and activates the diseases of the endocrine glands, and including - cancer.
In other words, it is of no importance how the quality has means for processing wooden yachts surfaces, and which released its manufacturer for sale. In any embodiment it is a dangerous chemical agent is a compound, which is better used in open spaces. And it is not recommended to do inside the premises.
Be careful! To increase the wear resistance Yachting lacquer added toluene and xylene, which are toxic and hazardous to your health
But, if you look at the situation from a different angle, all benzenes have a much lower weight than air. Therefore, they interact with it in open spaces, quickly climb up. Under such conditions, the chemistry is not for human health of any danger. That's why apply clearcoat is only possible on the street, although in this case it is not necessary to forget about safety precautions.
Yacht varnish, depending on the technical characteristics of the resulting coating is divided into the following types:
- Matt - do not have the shine, but very practical. After all, wood, covered with matte varnish so there will be less dirty and covered with dust.
- Glossy - are characterized by having a beautiful glow effect, which manifests itself under the action of light (both natural and artificial). Application glossy compositions on the surface gives it an elite luster.
It is worth noting that the choice of a particular type of varnish and color in this case depends on the taste preferences of the person. After all, both tools provide an excellent wood protection against external influences.
Glossy varnish gives a beautiful shine, but it more visible damage and irregularities than on the surface coated with matt varnish
Much more important aspect is technology that is used for the manufacture of paint. Based on this parameter, the ship's paint is divided into the following types:
- Alkyd. Quite popular artist paints for outdoor use, which is used for production of organic solvents. For example, white spirit. Although this kind of deck varnish differs cheapness, its use in homes is strictly prohibited. Indeed, as the drying agent, the solvent will evaporate and the vapors of toluene and xylene fall into the respiratory organs of human. And even a few years after the coating, it will still continue to evaporate harmful to living organisms substances.
- Urethane alkyd varnish Yachting. It was created for in-house work, as it has in its composition a smaller amount of organic solvent type. The presence of urethane plasticizers prevents excessive evaporation of harmful chemicals besides they lacquer layer impart high flexibility and resistance to temperature extremes. It is very practical, especially if the cottage there is a "warm floor" system.
- Alkyd-urethane varnish ship. It dries faster than other formulations providing relatively high quality wood finish. But characterized by a maximum level of toxicity and is only suitable for outdoor use.
- Yachting acrylic varnish. It has the highest cost due to the high environmental performance, and is perfect for interior applications. They are, in essence, are not the ship's agent. After all, they are not recommended to create a coating for the outside of the hull from wood vessels. However, many unscrupulous manufacturers label their acrylic products in this way, so that it is better to sell.
Based on the features of the packaging, you can purchase paint in the form of aerosols or banks. Aerosols are more convenient to work, but in this form means a small volume.
Bank with inferior lacquer spray for ease of use, but is sold in large quantities.
Yachting lacquer besides standard applications and can be used for household repairs on wood. Where is it used for?
Creating outdoor furniture made of natural wood. Yachting acrylic type lacquer can be used for coating the surface of garden furniture made from natural wood. Tables and benches, swings and gazebos - all these things exterior can be more durable and interesting in color, if you cover them with polyurethane or acrylic lacquer. However, it is worth noting that it is better to prefer a matte type. It will give the aesthetic appearance of the furniture and nice color.
Yachting nail the floor, despite the colorful advertising producers, it is not reliable. Yes, it is very cheap, but it is very toxic. Therefore, if there is no alternative, it is better to opt for a less toxic urethane alkyd version. Otherwise, a few months after the use of funds to cover the floor in the apartment building you can feel chronic fatigue, experience nervous tension or depressed. These are the results of human exposure to harmful components polyurethane varnish.
Such means are suitable for processing a nice frame houses. Ship varnish allows to create uniform acrylic coating wood, which exhibits high resistance to aggressive environmental factors. And the need to purchase additional surface treatments and antiseptics eliminated.
Yachting lacquer applied on the finishing material to impart resistance to weathering. If the means of thickened, it can be diluted with water, and then used for other purposes.
All building materials should be used for its intended purpose. If the varnish named yacht, it means that it is intended for external treatment of wooden yachts and boats. Use this tool in a residential area can lead to big health problems, especially in children.
Offer from Guru paints
Good day, I read your article about Yachting varnish. We have not the knowledge covered in the bunk house (walls and ceiling), alkyd-urethane varnish. and now the thought that my children will inhale vapors of toluene, and xylene, do not give to live. Tell me, how many years, polish stop "fonit"? If he does not vyvetrivaetsya at all, you have to shoot and beat a new bunk. For God's sake advise what to do? after painting a year has passed.
Ship varnish (Yachting) for wooden surfaces
Engaged in the repair or construction of the house, faced with the question: how to protect the wood? Every owner is committed to get the maximum quality at a low cost. The best solution to this problem is the ship's lacquer. Already from the name of the material can be understood that initially it was used to cover the surface of the various courts.
This water-resistant varnish will protect wood from the damaging effects of the liquid. It is clear that if the tool saves yacht, permanently at sea, it will cope with the protection of the walls, floor or ceiling. Due to its structure, composition penetrates deep into the pores of the wood, thus reliably protecting it for a long time. Yachting varnishes can be purchased in the form of aerosols. They are sold in jars with different denominations. More convenient to use sprays, but they are only sold in small volumes.
Ship paint usually has a urethane alkyd base. Due to this, it perfectly protects the surface from moisture, prevents the appearance of mold and mildew. Simultaneously with this agent has decorative properties. When applying several layers of lacquer to equalize the surface smooths rough edges, making it smooth. The tree will get a nice shine. Due to the different colors, the ship's paint accentuate the natural beauty of wood and profitable embellish its natural color.
There are several types of ship lacquer, which are different production technology:
- Alkyd means. They are produced using organic solvents. This type is used only for outdoor use. This is the most common Yacht varnish, whose price is lower than other means. During its allocated drying noxious fumes toluene and xylene, that enter the body during respiration. Therefore, such a variety of lacquer is strictly prohibited to use indoors. Even a few years later the evaporation of harmful substances will not stop.
- Urethane alkyd means. They are more suitable for interior work. The composition includes less by volume of organic solvent. Release of harmful chemicals interfere with urethane plasticizers, which are a part of the lacquer. Their presence makes the tool more resistant to temperature extremes. This is especially true in homes where undeveloped system "warm floor". Incidentally, among the members of this category, you can highlight a ship's varnish "Tikkurila." For drying it will take less time than other media. Plus, its constituent substances slow down the yellowing of the wood caused by the influence of ultraviolet radiation. Some of its species impart additional surface glow in the dark. Its average price is between 500 and above rubles per 1 liter, depending on the species.
- Yachting acrylic paint - the most suitable option for working indoors. He is the most environmentally friendly. But its price is highest. This means, in fact, is not considered to be a ship's varnish. It is not used to coat the outer surface of the wooden body vessel. Acquiring a lacquer should be cautious. There are cases where unscrupulous manufacturers sell acrylic products under the label "akrilatnoy9raquo; for more benefits.
Yachting use of lacquer allows you to get the wooden surface of two kinds:
- Matt - a practical option. After processing this tree means it is not covered with dust and get dirty less.
- Glossy, which will enjoy the beautiful, spectacular shine. But when touching such surfaces may be ugly dirty "palchiki9raquo ;.
Everyone decides for itself how to choose nail. It all depends on personal preference and taste of the landlord.
Main application yacht varnish - Treatment of wooden surfaces vessels. For household repairs, he also used: they cover the furniture, doors, window frames, floors, frame houses in general. You can use a nail plywood lining. Acrylic Yachting tool is perfect for use on garden furniture made of natural wood. lacquer coating makes it more durable, beautiful and exciting color. At the same time the carcass home remedy will give a uniform hue. It protects the wood from the effects of aggressive environmental factors. There is no need to purchase additional antiseptics and other protective impregnation.
The composition Yachting varnishes are harmful components necessary to perform the tasks assigned agent. After application of toxic fumes can be released into the air. No matter what the manufacturers, but to use the ship's varnish the floor - not the best option. If, however, you decide to use it, give preference to Drugs on urethane alkyd. Otherwise, in a few months you can feel the problems of physical condition.
It is not recommended to use this tool for the furniture, which is in contact with food. For example, it is strictly forbidden to handle the tables in the kitchen. Use the ship's paint is better on the street. This is due to release harmful substances. Its use at home can cause depression, nervous disorders. He was especially dangerous for children. So think about whether to use the Yacht varnish at home. Health price still higher.
Yachting use nail easily. To do this, you must first prepare the surface: clean it, remove the remains of grease and detergents. If the wood is old layer, it must be sanded, sanded and wiped with a solution of mineral spirits and varnish (in the ratio 5: 1). But that is not all.
Ship varnish is applied only on dry wood (with a humidity of 20%). The surface coated in multiple layers with a rest time interval for drying. Moreover, the drying time with each layer must be increased, between the first and second - from 4 to 6 hours between the second and third - 24 hours. The third layer dry for at least two days. When using lacquer comply with all simple recommendations, the surface will last a long time.
Yachting Selection of varnish for wood
Originally intended as the outer and inner impregnation of wooden hulls of ships, Yachting varnish at the moment he became actively used in the construction and repair. Due to its high resistance to moisture, it is quite successfully used in carrying out internal works on wood, as well as for outdoor use.
Based on the use of bases of production, which determines the basic technical and operational properties of these coatings are divided into:
The advantage of alkyd types is their low price and fairly good resistance to wear. In the production of such materials using organic solvents. The average service life of 4 to 5 years. Have a high degree of toxicity, which makes them less suitable for interior work.
Composition alkyd-urethane material includes special plasticizers impeding release of toxic substances. They also contribute to the elasticity of the coating. Can be used in the finishing of the interior, often used in the treatment of wooden elements in the underfloor systems.
acrylic-based paints are water based and are the safest toxicity. But they are less resistant to moisture. In addition, these coatings are of the highest price category.
In the treatment of different types of materials, the following surface types of products:
The advantage of the first embodiment is further practical use. In matt surfaces are less noticeable pollution, roughness, breakage, dust settles not as active. But once glossy coatings impart bright, effective view treated structure. Are made as intermediate versions: semi-gloss and semi-gloss paints.
Yachting varnish for interior woodwork and exterior works
Using Yachting varnish for interior woodwork it is recommended in non-residential premises. Due to the high toxicity of substances included in its composition, it is very unsafe for humans. The standard classification of paints separately this category no. Therefore, when you select the application Yachting varnish for interior wood should make sure that it did not cause harm to surrounding people's health.
Often used in the treatment of wooden structures, operated outdoors. He is perfect for covering outdoor furniture. Since the main toxic components Yachting varnish are quite volatile substances, the use of it in the open air is not harmful to health. This type of paint is perfect for the treatment of wooden facades of buildings and structures.
How to apply varnish on wood Yachting: milestones
Wooden products, which will be covered with varnish must be completely dry: residual moisture content of not more than 20%. Fresh wood processing does not make sense. It is necessary to carefully prepare the surface: sanding to remove the remnants of previous coatings, remove dirt, mold, fungus from the tree, or bring new wood to a smooth state.
Important! If before the tree was covered with varnish, it is necessary to remove it completely. Yachting nail does not lie on top of fairly reliably.
The entire area should be primed or fully cover special porozapolnyayuschim composition. This stage will improve the adhesion of the lacquer coating to the wood. When re-processing of wooden items recommended to control coating on unobtrusive place. So you can check the compatibility of coating materials. Lacquer tree is applied manually by brush or roller, and through the spray gun. The ambient temperature in the production of paint work should range from 15 degrees to 35 degrees.
Tip: thorough mixing varnish before applying for the processing of products, to avoid delamination in the future and increase the service life.
By coating with several layers should be considered as Yachting drying varnish for wood. The next layer is applied after drying of the previous - after 2-6 hours. A more accurate drying period specified by the manufacturer in the instructions for use. Each layer after drying can be treated with fine sandpaper to achieve a more durable coating. If the floor is coated with lacquer, by the operation he will be ready only after 7 days, when the lacquer finally cured.
The Yachting thinned varnish on wood, if it thickens? The practicality of using this LMC lies in the fact that it is usually diluted with water, if it alkyd composition. Other types diluted with various solvents, such as turpentine, mineral spirits. After reaching the desired consistency can be used again for material processing wood pieces.
Packed paint in liquid form to the banks, in the form of aerosols - in cans. This painting material lends itself tinting, which greatly expands the range of its use. Possible selection of different colors for individual interiors.
Manufacturing yacht varnish engaged in many well-known manufacturers of paint materials. Yachting varnish for interior woodwork "Tikkurila" is used when treating the floor, doors, window frames, various furniture. He is available in three types: high-gloss, semi-gloss and matte. The first option is based on acrylic, others - urethane alkyd composition. Drying time was about 6 hours. Resistant to weathering and moisture, it contains ingredients that slow down the action of sunlight on the color of the wood. Flow Yachting lacquer on wood 1m2 of 0.07-0.08 l.
In order to achieve high material resistance to moisture by its production uses highly toxic components: toluene and xylene. This significantly narrows the scope of the Yachting varnish. Well protected from water, such coatings only pre-dried by the wooden parts. The new construction is not suitable to process material data with a high degree of humidity. Resistance to abrasion they are much higher than conventional types. But is specifically designed as a floor processing, finishing materials, will be much more effective when used as directed. Yachting varnishes do not tolerate negative temperature. Under their influence, many of them simply crack.
The main advantage of this group finishing materials still is resistance to moisture. Furthermore, they are sufficiently resistant to chemical influences of salts, acids and alkalis.
Reviews of this paint is very contradictory. Most often it is necessary to focus on the needs of those for whom it is applied. If they coincide with the instructions for use, you can safely use such material.
- Impregnation of wood for exterior Wooden houses, buildings with wood trim look very nice and aesthetically pleasing. Built of ecological materials, they attract their special.
- Choosing a durable paint for concrete for the floor works Painting concrete floor everywhere is used to prevent surface damage. Default concrete floor associated with the reliability and durability, but without.
- Acrylic lacquer for wood, water-based: the features and benefits Damage skilful hand, water-based acrylic lacquer for wood surfaces not only gives aesthetic appearance, but also protects.
Acrylic lacquer for wood, water-based: features and benefits
Damage skilful hand acrylic lacquer for wood, water-based, not only gives aesthetic surface ...