- 1 Astra many years: what are the varieties, photos
- 2 Flowers asters (44 photos): all of the varieties, planting and caring for plants
- 3 Asters: photos of beautiful colors, varieties with names.
Astra many years: what are the varieties, photos
Perennial asters, as next of kin - one-year, from May to November is filled with bright colors of front gardens. Bushes, abundantly covered with buds of white, blue, purple, pink, crimson, enliven the landscape and attract attention. For flowers with narrow petals tongues resembling heavenly stars, the plant has been called aster (Aster in Latin means star). Inflorescences compared with shooting stars, lights of fireworks.
Gardeners and landscape designers from almost 500 species of perennial asters to select varieties for planting. Choose from what they have - different plants flowering time, height and shape of the bush, color and kind of flower petals. Many years of aster in a garden of 5 years will enjoy beautiful flowers, stars and do not require special care.
Not all varieties of perennial asters popular. It was convenient to get acquainted with the most common plants, the names and descriptions of varieties located at flowering time.
On the stony hills and rock garden, alpine aster is found (Aster alpinus) in group plantings and solos. Over time, the weakened flowering asters, bottom odrevesnevaet stem and bush does not look luxurious. To update root system, flowers seated in 3-4 years. Alpine aster bloom in May. Breeders brought many varieties of alpine aster, alpine mixture is varied color palette and a different flowering time. From May pleasing inflorescences:
- Albus . - White aster undersized with bush 30 cm tall and short stems to 20 cm shoots densely arranged on the leaves, inflorescence and white are clearly visible;
- Dunkl Shen - dark purple aster inflorescences with a diameter of 3 cm and a bush height and 30 cm;
- Happy end with pink flowers on strong stems and direct a low shrub up to 25 cm. It blooms for about a month.
- In June light purple buds large (up to 6 cm in diameter) blooms "Goliath".
inflorescences appear in June-July triumph - hybrids obtained from alpine asters and European. The plant stretches to a height of 20 cm, and its flowers are violet-blue with bright orange core.
Summer colorful dance begins stellate aster (Aster amellus) and its varieties.
Italian aster, daisy, European (Aster amellus)
Its shrubs reach a height of 40-70 cm and a different strong straight stems. Purple-blue inflorescence diameter up to 5 cm are collected in large umbelliform group. Italian aster is often grown for cut flowers.
Italian aster varieties grow to a height of 30-60 cm and blooming lilac, lavender, pink, light and dark blue. The diameter of the flowers ranges and the largest reaches 4-5 cm. Flowers like the sun is warm and somewhat dry soil, calcareous soil with good vodoottokom. Caring for them is normal.
Considered one of the best varieties of asters Italian. Flowering saturated pink.
European Astra violette Queen known under the trade name Faylhenkenigin (Veilchenkoenigin). Blossoms really royally beautiful dark purple flowers.
King George (King George), one of the favorite varieties florist, blooms in July large violet-blue flowers with bright yellow core. High, up to 60 cm, the bush needs support.
Astra Mongolian (Aster mon-golicum)
Tall, up to 1 m, flower in Europe fell from Mongolia. Attractive abundant flowering small enough to 2 cm in diameter, sirenevato inflorescences.
In early August, it begins to bloom golden-yellow flowers golden aster. Pineal inflorescences are located on elastic shoots bush in height rises up to half a meter. Unpretentious and surprisingly positive grade is used to decorate the landscape and buildings.
Fall-blooming asters in the people affectionately called Jack Frost, winter road, Indian summer.
Astra virgin (Aster novibelgii) or novobelgiyskaya
The height of the bush sometimes reaches up to 2 meters. By popularity, it is ahead of all late-aster. The flower is resistant to frost and little, if returned to the heat, decorate the garden in November. Floral baskets to reach 2.5-4 cm diameter, petals are painted in purple, red, pink, purple, red, yellow tubular core.
Her grades are diverse colors and large buds. Semi-double variety Mary Ballard blooms blue flowers, varieties of terry Patricia Ballard - pinkish and Bonningdeyl White - white terry inflorescences.
Astra briar (Aster ericoides)
Brought from North America, has been cultivated since 1732 Beautiful compact bushes reach a height of 1 meter. Flowering September to October numerous small, up to 1 cm in diameter, inflorescences. Flower baskets with narrow reed petals white or pinkish and tubular core of different colors - from yellow to brown.
Cort love of light, cold-resistant. For good plant growth flower need fertile soil and not thickened.
Astra bokotsvetnaya (Aster lateriflorus)
Bush reaches a height of 120 cm, reminiscent of vine shoots. Blooms in September, small inflorescences with white or pale pink petals and yellow center, which later become purple. Flowers are placed along the shoots and emphasize their form, give splendor.
Longstanding aster can sow seeds, propagated by cuttings, vertical layering, dividing the bush.
- Seeds. Astra rarely propagated by seed - the first planting in the garden, or if you lost when you save the plants in a healthy condition. Plated flower in spring in a well-heated soil. Used autumn harvested seeds or purchased. Seedlings sprout weak enough for them to care - watering, fertilizing, loosen the soil. In autumn they are transplanted to a permanent place.
- Dividing the bush. Simple and not difficult to plant aster long-standing division of the bush. Flower every 4-6 years should be repotted at the same time can be transplanted shrub and planted to a permanent place new. From the rhizomes dug plants remove the old root system, root share on the part of the healthy stems, and the resulting segments are planted roots.
- Layering. Receive cuttings need the old hive, this spring all the shoots are cut, leaving a stump of a bush. For the plant continue to care for - fed, watered, and it gives shoots. With a length of 10-15 cm in the middle of the shoot stump covered with earth, so that the stems are not fused. After 20 days, hilling repeat. Planted cuttings in autumn cut the stems with 2-3 buds, or spring of next year.
- Cuttings. They are obtained from healthy shoots, cutting at an angle from the top and see verhushki10-15 workpiece directly, without tilting. upper leaves are pruned to reduce the moisture loss, and the bottom is removed. Cuttings are planted under the film in boxes and greenhouses. For a better survival rate before planting, the lower 2-3 cm for 12 hours were placed in a growth stimulator in normal saline or water. Planted cuttings obliquely to a depth of 10 cm, immediately after planting abundantly watered. To better rooted in a high humidity room maintained and a comfortable temperature for the plants (22-25◦S) without sharp fluctuations. 3-4 weeks the cuttings take root, for the rearing of their transplanted into place with penumbra.
Perennial asters are not demanding to care - they only need to be watered in a timely manner and not to skip watering during dry periods during the development of the bush, loosen the soil, removing weeds.
Retain moisture in the soil and protect the roots from drying out, the heat can be mulching. A layer of mulch around the bush will maintain the friability of the soil, and promote its aeration not give weeds grow. Under a bush not have to loosen the ground - there will be no cover.
When planting asters in a nutritious ground plants can not feed. If the soil is poor, it is desirable to feed the hive of complex fertilizers. During the formation of inflorescences of the plant must be supported phosphorus compounds.
Many years of aster, planted in the shade, it loses decorative properties and may even cease to bloom. Shadow and abundance of moisture contribute to the development of disease and lead to the death of the bush. Tall varieties suffer from drafts and wind. They are better positioned in sheltered places.
To make the desired shape shrub tops of the shoots are cut, while in some varieties stimulated the formation of new shoots, while others - inflorescences. Tall varieties may require garters. To flower is not bent to the ground, it is tied to pegs driven into or planted along the fence.
About long-term Alpine Aster - on the video on the channel "Gardens of the Urals"
Flowers asters (44 photos): all of the varieties, planting and caring for plants
Try to find the amateur gardener or a professional breeder, indifferent to the asters. And how can you not love these fancy flowers, which perfectly fit into any garden! Appearing for the first time in China, they have spread to other countries, and especially liked our compatriots. Aster bloom from spring to late fall, so if you want you can make lot He was always decorated with luxurious plants.
Growing flowers aster - is simple enough, so ennoble infield can even the inexperienced novice in garden art. Following the tips below, you're not making mistakes that can kill seedlings. A guided in plant varieties, you will be able to choose those flowers, which perfectly fit into the homestead landscape.
Fabulous bright shades of colors asters
Blue aster path to the house frame
Asters - a family of very great, so choose a plant for the soul is not a problem. Let's get acquainted with the most common ones.
- Ostrich feather. Tall, flowering shrub about two months. flower head dressing, with long petals, reminiscent of Christmas-tree tinsel.
Astra "ostrich feather"
- Duchess. Globular flowers of this high-Bush hit the bright colors.
Idea! If you want to ennoble playground in the yard, such flowers are ideal for this venture due to its lively colors.
- Buketnye. Terry, blooming from mid-summer to mid-autumn flowers. Plants in this class like the sun and the wind are afraid - keep this in mind, picking up land for planting asters.
Buketnye dressing asters
- Victoria. Low bushes with flowers like daisies.
- American Beauty. Frost-resistant, not moisture-loving asters with multicolored round flowers. Bushes them quite sprawling and low, so look good along the garden paths.
Frost aster "American Beauty"
Like many other garden flowers, asters are divided into annual and perennial. If you like the changes and make the land redistribution in the garden each year (that asters are very useful), note the annuals, but if spending time and effort on the constant updating of scenery you do not like - at your service flowers that bloom from year to of the year.
- New England asters and novobelgiyskie. Flowers have high, collected in a whisk. In warmer areas bloom until December.
New England aster or novobelgiyskaya
- Italian aster. In the wild, found on the flatter edges. It is best to take root in soils rich in limestone. The color scheme of asters in this class covers all possible shades lilac.
Delicate Italian aster
Idea! To bush looked asters in your garden naturally, consider the type of terrain on which it grows wild. Accustomed to the expanses of meadow flowers in close surroundings will look rough, and creeping around stone dwarf shrubs - are lost on the background of trees.
Perennial asters like loam or neutral soil, annuals prefer land with a high content of sand and a small amount of humus. It is not necessary to plant the plants on the shaded areas too, as if the shadow of a thick, they may start to hurt.
Large red asters planted near the house
Sow seeds in spring. To do this, dig the ground in the fall, adding a 200 g nitrophosphate and a bucket of compost per square meter. Sun on the site should be few, but the depressions should be avoided. Every year, you need to change the place of disembarkation of asters, as substances which are particularly badly affected by a bush, accumulate in the soil and remain active for several years.
Sow the ground covered. Periodically cover removed to sprout tempered. When the heat temperature is set permanently, the beds open at all.
Aster seeds sown in spring
Planting seedlings asters through - work more time consuming. But the presence of the interim period helps to protect the hive from the pesky virus, lying in wait for the plant.
Seed can be bought ready-made ground or prepare it yourself. To do this, do the following:
- mix earth with peat and sand washed;
- add rosin (100 g per 5 liters of mixture) or dolomite flour (1-2 spoons of the same volume);
- Sift and steamed mixture;
- also it is desirable to pour the mixture into 100 g of perlite.
aster seeds does not necessarily sow directly into the ground - can be planted seedlings
To prevent the development of Fusarium (about the disease asters we describe below), a mixture of fungicide soaking solution. He also treated and seeds before planting.
Evenly sown soil covered with sand, which gets wet in a short time. As with sowing seeds in the ground, covered with seedlings. When the leaves are more or less visible, shoots dive. To the familiar recipe add a spoonful of soil fertilizer. Strengthening the flowers in the wells, they watered.
Aster seedlings need to feed and fertilize
Planted seedlings when the germs already have 4-5 leaves. Before planting soil should additionally fertilized with humus or compost, and plants themselves properly watered. A week later, the young plants are fed complex fertilizers, and then repeat this operation three weeks.
Typically, aster seeds are planted in early spring seedlings - in mid-May.
Tip! If you missed the springtime, use cuttings, which are allowed to do all summer. To do this, cut off the tops of 5-7 cm plants planted in the sand and peat land (1: 1: 2) and keep in the greenhouse. After a month you will receive a full bush asters.
Seedlings asters flowers planted in the ground in mid-May
Care asters in the garden is watering, keeping the looseness of the soil and weed control. Fertilize bush should not be more than two times per season, so as not to cause disease.
Watering and hoeing are interrelated: the first steps necessary to make the second. But do not get carried away: water the bush often, but large volumes. If the weather is arid, as well as during the growing season, the amount of water can be increased, but not to go too far.
Astra rarely need to be watered, but plentifully
For the season aster fed 3 times. For the first irrigation that is made two weeks after planting, using a mixture of ammonium nitrate (20-25 g), superphosphate (50-60 g) and potassium sulfate (10-15 g) per 1m².
The next two fertilizing confined to the appearance of flower buds and the beginning of flowering. The amount of potassium sulfate in the mixture is increased to 50-60 g / m².
Delicate pink aster on a country site
Asters are a danger to more than 20 viruses. The most common of these diseases - a blight, blackleg and rust.
- Fusarium is manifested in plants yellowing, wilting and their subsequent death. The reason for that - the harmful fungi Fusarium. To avoid unpleasant developments, need Fusarium prevention. It is held at the seeding stage (we have already mentioned this). It is also advised to burn diseased plants.
- From browning legs use a decoction of onion skin (20 g in 1 liter), infused throughout the day. Every six days you need to spray the bushes of the liquid 2-3 times.
- With rust fighting using lime sulfur mixture (1: 1). It is necessary to spray the plant once a week.
Close healthy aster flower
Terry round flowers aster bright lilac
Asters - majestic colors that look great on beds and in bouquets. All that is needed to these plants - is the choice of the optimal method of planting asters, compliance with the rules of care and treatment. Remember that colors, like all living creatures need care and love - and then they will give you joy.
Colored asters adorn any flowerbed
Some varieties of asters like a field of daisies
Bright purple asters with yellow center
Asters: photos of beautiful colors, varieties with names.
Asters are very popular among gardeners in our country. They are quite unpretentious and at the same time very beautiful. Asters can be annual and perennial. They bloom in the middle of summer and bloom until frost the most, delighting the eye florist. To date, there are many varieties of asters, of different sizes, colors, etc.
On this page, we will show you a small selection of photos of beautiful asters. We will show the most popular varieties with names.
Grades to date there is a huge amount, both annual and perennial. We list those who are worthy of special attention. Photos with the names of varieties:
Photos: Asters Duchesse grade
Asters Duchesse have very interesting color - saturated yellow. Bud very large and massive.
Photos: Asters Edelweiss Photo: Aster varieties Art Photos: Asters Liliput Photo: Aster Princess
A selection of photos of beautiful asters.
Photo: Beautiful aster Photo: Very beautiful aster Photos: Asters A photo Photo: White aster Photo: Purple asters Photo: Yellow aster Photo: Purple asters A photo A photo Photos: Asters asters