- 1 Laying porcelain tiles on the floor with their hands. step guide
- 2 Laying porcelain tiles on the floor with your hands: the device flooring in the examples
- 3 stacking technology granite on the floor: rules and recommendations
Laying porcelain tiles on the floor with their hands. step guide
Porcelain tiles have long appeared in the construction market, and every day is gaining popularity. This is due to the excellent quality of the material, its strength, flexibility and a number of other positive features.
Porcelain tiles ideal for floors in any room. This process is very responsible and has some of the subtleties, but proper preparation and observance of all stages of the work, will easily and accurately perform their own floor finish.
To carry out the work necessary to prepare such tools:
- measuring tools (tape measure, ruler);
- rubber mallet;
- marker for marking;
- rubber spatula;
- flat metal spatula width of 30-40cm;
- spatula with teeth;
- Tile or Bulgarian for cutting tiles;
- a drill for drilling holes;
- a mixing and smoothing of the adhesive;
- Drill with a nozzle for mixing solutions;
Adhesive porcelain material must possess high adhesion ability to the base.
Choosing the type of adhesive mixtures should consider the following points:
- This lining material has virtually no moisture absorption properties, however the use of cement or tile adhesive is strictly not allowed.
- For outdoor masonry necessary to use glue, which is composed of plasticizers, giving it resistance to low temperatures.
- If the work will be carried inside the premises, the adhesive mixture is selected with a high content of the polymer components (or acrylic latex).
On which surface can be put granite tiles?
Gres is placed both on the concrete base, and the timber floor or plywood sheets.
For laying on the wooden floor, perform the following work:
- dismantling wooden flooring;
- lag setting in a horizontal position;
- expanded clay backfill the space between the joists;
- mounting boards with a gap of 8.10 cm by means of screws.;
- laying a waterproofing material;
- installation of the grid framework
- tile installation.
Laying the veneers to be performed as follows:
- Plywood sheets is not less than 28mm thick disposed on joists at a short distance and tightly fastened around the base of the screws.
- After installing the sheets were ground thoroughly, cleaned of debris and soil 2 times.
- When the material is completely dry, you can proceed to laying tiles using a polyurethane adhesive.
The concrete substrate must be perfectly flat, without sagging and depressions. Most often, the additional leveling floor is required. First waterproofing layer is laid, mounted beacons, self-leveling and filling is carried out with a mixture of.
Why do we need quality training grounds?
The first step in the execution of works is surface preparation. This is necessary for two main reasons:
Porcelain tiles heavy enough material, and the presence of irregularities is placed on the glue evenly. This leads to differences between the tiles and the corner conjugation. For the same reason it is not recommended to stack the material of the adhesive layer is more than 1cm.
Porcelain tile is made larger, because of what is quite difficult to uniformly fill the space under it, without using a comb. If under the tiles remain empty, these places become very fragile, and in the fall of heavy objects tile comes into disrepair.
Preparation for cladding flooring begins with the creation of the project, location determination method and pattern of laying method. Tiles need to clean dust from the factory, and if it has a protective layer of wax, it is removed with warm water and cleaning agent. Also, you can remove the wax with a metal spatula.
Laying porcelain can be accomplished in two ways: by seamless technology and the presence of seams.
Seamless laying is carried out to reduce the number of seams and have a smoother surface.
For laying back to back, it is better to choose tile large as the larger it is, the fewer joints will be coated. The optimal size of the material for this technology is considered to 600x600 mm.
The gap between the tiles should not be more than 1 mm, adhesive residue, acting at the seams must be removed immediately.
- With the help of the cord should be noted the middle of the floor, which will start laying. Start standing is from the middle of the base, because you need to cut smaller pieces along the edges of the surface.
- On a base separately for each tile, an adhesive is applied, the layer thickness must not exceed 5 mm. This is done by means of two types of spatula: first distributes the glue, the second creates a teeth provide quality fastener material. The size of teeth depends on the tile size. For example: for granite 20x20 is better to use a spatula with 8mm tines, and if more than 30x30 tile trowel applied here with the dimensions of the teeth from 12-15mm. It is important to have time to lay tile for 15 minutes until the glue has not had time to grab.
- Next tile mounted on an edge very close to the previously laid and then lowered to the surface smeared with glue, slightly moved away from the first and pressed down. Laid tile tapping a rubber mallet.
- To ensure equal width joints, crosses established between tiles that remain there until the adhesive dries.
- Evenness of masonry is controlled by the level after each laid tiles.
- If in the process of laying to take breaks, it is necessary to take into account that the previously laid tile sinks, and if a new clutch will be held at its level, after complete drying of the adhesive will be differences.
In order to cut keramograntirnuyu tiles need to use an electric tile cutter or grinder with a diamond wheel that best cope with durable material.
If you need to drill holes in tiles, then you will need a powerful drill with paddle: "crown", "Ballerina" and "Pen", which are designed to work with glass and ceramics.
- After drying the adhesive (usually over 2-3days) can begin grouting.
- Before rubbing seams make sure that in them is missing the garbage that the whole process can greatly complicate.
- The mixture is applied with a rubber spatula to the diagonal seams, then triturated with a wet sponge. Excess material is removed immediately.
- If there is a gap between the coating and the wall, their blown sealant.
To assess whether a quality of service, is applied to the surface level. Facecoat must not have differences and convexities, and the joints must be of the same width.
Features and benefits of porcelain stoneware floor
This material can be used for cladding any premises floors, both indoors and outdoors.
Stoneware tiles resistant to sudden temperature changes, exposure to chemicals and has high strength.
Water absorption porcelain not greater than 0.05%, allowing it to maintain the original appearance after prolonged use in the open air and in severe frosts.
- High strength and ability to withstand bending load
These qualities allow the use of granite in areas with high load on the floor. For example, in the manufacture where heavy equipment is installed or parking lot.
Since such tiles does not have the decorative layer and the pattern is its structure during use tile does not lose the color does not fade and is not erased.
There are several recommendations, using which you can speed up the tile selection and purchase high-quality material:
- Quality tile has to withstand a fall from a height equal to its size. To check it is put on the edge and release. If there were flaws - poor quality material.
- Packing high-quality ceramic granite tile weighs about 18 kg. Less weight suggests inadequate quality.
- The depth of the pits and grooves on the reverse side of the material should not exceed 2 mm.
- Buying a tile, you need to see to it that all of it was from the same batch and had the same color.
- When tapping a finger-quality material makes a hollow sound. For comparison, you can knock on a ceramic tile, the difference should be obvious.
- A lot of important criteria for the selection of tiles is the kind of premises in which it is laid. So, for the bathroom and kitchen need to take a material with a rough surface, which is less than the slide in contact with water. But for the corridor or garage tile is taken with high wear resistance.
- Choosing tile is important to take into account the dimensions of the room. In the room with a large area take both small and large tiles. For small spaces it is desirable to use granite tiles 300x300, as large tiles to visually reduce the space of the room.
During work do not neglect safety rules, use gloves and goggles to protect the eyes from dust and working solutions. Since there is no keramograntinoy tile edging, its edges easily cut yourself, so you need to carry out work responsibly and carefully.
The rest of the tile laying process should not cause difficulties even in novice masters.
Click to cancel reply.
please email for Cooperation: [email protected]
Copying material without reference to the source is prohibited. All rights to the images and texts are owned by the poster.
Laying porcelain tiles on the floor with your hands: the device flooring in the examples
Recently stoneware tiles are used more often, due to the high quality of the material. Coating the resulting liner is long and without complaints from the owners. Perform installation of this material should be an expert, but you can make the lining and the self in the presence of certain skills. To avoid errors, laying porcelain tiles on the floor with their hands shall be subject to the rules and features of the process, which are described in this article.
Preliminary planning lining
In the market of building materials of stoneware tiles are presented in a variety of variations and differ in color, size, shape, etc. Even traditional plain square tiles can be laid in various ways, which will create additional unique surface finish and allow the owner to present their homes in the photo, or directly before the eyes of the guests (read also: "What is the thickness of the granite floor optimal").
Before granite stack on the floor, it is necessary to consider a scheme whereby the work will be performed. The owner has the right to experiment with the sizes and color combinations of tiles. Thus, demonstrating creativity, you can not just oblitsevat wall of the room, but also to create a work of art.
Some features of the installation should take into account before putting granite on the floor, namely:
- view the selected tiles can affect the visual perception of the laid coverage: major products reduce the perceived view of the size of the room, and small - will increase;
- to visually increase the width, you must use a cross-laying tiles, and if you want to make sure that at first glance seemed a length of more tiles to be laid along;
- make a one-piece pattern may be to combine several areas in the room, and the need for the separation of a single figure;
- visually larger size will be transferred to the visual device by using lighter tiles.
The following discussion focuses on the need to prepare and how to put on the granite floor.
You should start with the selection of tools and materials for the lining, with which each owner will help managers in specialized stores Construction, pre explaining the nuances of working with certain types of materials and tools. As already mentioned, the work always begins with the laying of planning: a method formed by drawing method of applying the adhesive base and the layer thickness.
There are two basic ways to mount: with seams and butt (without seams). Before you start the device of floors of granite, it is necessary to clean the surface of each tile from the protective layer applied to them to reduce the risk of damage during transport, surface materials.
If this layer of technical wax, it is sufficient to wash with warm water and household chemicals, and paraffin scraped with a spatula.
Preparation of the base under the granite
The base for the installation of porcelain stoneware slabs must be perfectly flat, which means that it will have to align in most cases. The most common method of aligning the sub-floor or walls of a screed to remove any cracks, dirt hiding cavity underneath. If the surface is glossy, it must be cleaned up before it becomes matte.
Screed executed before will be made laying stoneware tiles on the floor, it has to meet certain parameters and first of all its weight must be valid, because its excess will create additional load on the load-bearing frame of the building elements that may affect its stability and reliability. See also: "Put a warm floor under the granite: tips and secrets."
Work for laying tiles may be carried at temperature of 5 degrees Celsius, without using the heating system and auxiliary devices Floorheating.
One of the features of porcelain stoneware is its absolute resistance to moisture absorption. This indicator determines the course of this process, the choice of adhesive with which tiles will be fixed. Adhesion to base should be maximized, and therefore to use an ordinary cement slurry is impossible and the choice must fall on the types of adhesive mixtures, in which there is a high content of polymeric compounds.
It is also very important to take into account the advice from the manufacturer on the use of such mixtures. The packaging of the adhesive composition to provide such information about the conditions in which it can be applied. Naturally, it is necessary to take care of the amount purchased by the composition to be enough for laying porcelain stoneware tiles throughout the room and did not have to make additional purchases.
It is very important parameter such as the thickness of the adhesive for porcelain tiles on the floor, which will greatly affect the volume of the mixture required to produce the flooring in a room or the house.
Rules to start laying the tiles
There are various technical issues that need to be met to laying porcelain floor was fast and good:
- When the need to use the right tool: a comb, a rubber mallet, crosses, grout, etc.
- Size teeth spatula to work with tiles should be selected depending on the proportions of porcelain stoneware products themselves.
- joint width can be controlled and do the identical on each floor area using daggers.
Laying tiles should be initiated immediately with the central line of the floor, which can be determined using a stretched wall along the rope (cable). Thus, the tiles will be installed symmetrically and the remaining empty areas of the floor can be filled with scraps of previously taking into account their size.
In the case of the corners of rooms: Seamless tile are adjusted to the external and internal trim prepared for. Also, seamless tile may be taxed wall projections, if any in the room.
The process of gluing the tiles is as follows:
- Ready mixture is applied onto the substrate and aligned initially smooth, and then a notched trowel;
- is applied on itself tile adhesive composition;
- the following action is necessary to put a tile starting from the side that will be joined with the neighboring already-stacked;
- the gap between them should not be filled with glue, and you can adjust its size with the help of crosses.
Even a properly produced screed under the granite does not provide a right angle of inclination of the floor if the building is constructed with a minimum slope to one side. In this connection it is necessary to engage in the process of laying the building level, which will make the coating perfectly smooth.
Sloping rings themselves can be adjusted within 10 minutes, and then the adhesive begins to dry, and the coating produced can be spoiled. Porcelain tiles tends to subside after some time after installation, and should accordingly give up the stops in packings of at least one sex line in order to avoid differences in levels of self-adhesive tiles.
There are other nuances of gluing:
- care should be taken that the adhesive for laying stoneware floor deposited on qualitative solid layer, since the presence of voids under the tile it may be cracked during operation;
- should know that the glue is dried during the day, and full drying is achieved within 3 days.
Accordingly, after 3 days after the layout has been performed on the granite floor, you can proceed to step grouting. This procedure is performed with the use of the composition of a certain color.
There are nuances, and in this kind of work:
- contrasting shades will highlight pattern on surface of tiles;
- solid color coating composition make neutral and homogeneous.
If you selected the technology of laying porcelain tiles on the floor with seams, it is necessary to check all the cavities that they are absolutely free of adhesive composition, foreign objects, etc. This can be used in conventional wet wipes or a damp sponge. Seam under standard tile size can reach 3 to 5 millimeters, while those cavities which are separated covering and the wall or arranged close to the pipes passing through the trim, to be filled with silicone. Grouting process is performed using a construction tool same name - "grouting".
The solution used for grouting, must be applied at a diagonal to the seams between tiles. Begin cleaning the surfaces of the porcelain can be no earlier than 14 days after it was made grout for ceramic granite on the floor, so as not to spoil the appearance of the coating.
Considering all of the above rules and peculiarities of laying porcelain stoneware tiles, you can make all the work yourself.
To assess how well it was done, you can use the following criteria:
- on the surface must be free of any irregularities;
- coating obtained in the course of the lining must be aesthetically beautiful, so he was not ashamed to show the photo or present guests;
specifications, of course, can be checked during the operation, but not immediately after installation to start looking for the answer to how to drill ceramic granite tiles on the floor, because such actions could lead to the destruction of the coating and the reason for this will certainly not poor quality materials or produced by the laying work.
stacking technology granite on the floor: rules and recommendations
Process for laying stoneware floor near different nuances associated with specific properties of this material. Let's look at how to do the job correctly and do not spend the extra manpower and resources.
Installation has some features in contrast to the usual tile
The advantages of porcelain stoneware floor
The first step before laying consider the features of the material. Stoneware tiles favorably with alternative ceramic coatings. This is due to its properties as follows:
- cold resistance;
- low heat
- low porosity.
Reliability - the main advantage
performance flooring technology of granite similar to the normal process of lining, but it is important to bear in mind that this material is characterized by considerable weight, so you will need a special glue. In addition, the tile strong, which leads to difficulties in the step of cutting parts.
Tools and materials needed
porcelain technique involves the use of laying a series of special devices that accelerate the process and facilitate the task of processing such durable material. You need the following tools:
- Tile or bolgarka;
- set spatulas with smooth and serrated edge;
- a mixing solution;
- assembling mixer;
- SVP or plastic crosses.
Set of necessary tools
Also important question - the choice of adhesive. Pick a mixture which is able to withstand a load provided on it. In other words, to make sure of its plasticity, tenacity and strength, as well as a suitable setting time.
In addition, it must match the type of surface to be covered. This is especially true if you decide to glue stoneware on a wooden floor or plywood. In this case, include the possibility of mass movement during expansion and desiccation of the material. Do not install Heated floor, wood flooring is desirable to limit to such temperatures.
When decorating the walls of the more important is the ability of the solution to keep the heavy granite during installation and after drying. It is permissible to use a conventional tile adhesive, but for the best effect is better to buy a specialized blend. Note that the composition will need a lot, because of the large weight of the granite.
Laying tiles is carried out on pre-aligned and processed the necessary impregnation plane. Facing the old wooden floor granite unacceptable. It is better to replace concrete flooring base, performing by pouring sleepers, pre-expanded clay filling space.
With granite laying on a concrete base problems arise less. It is important to identify differences of more than 15 mm, and eliminate them by a mixture of screed.
Small defects can be skipped, since their presence compensates for the thicker layer of adhesive.
Leveling the surface - one of the most important stages of laying
If you are installing floor heating under ceramic granite tiles, first take care of its installation and only then carry out the screed. sheathing device is made after sealing. Then laid floor heating and the solution was poured. On the concrete treated with antiseptic and primer, put the trim. Such a surface well the heating. Plus distinctive granite - it remains warm for a long time with minimum energy consumption.
The process is similar to conventional tile installation. Dilute a small amount of a suitable adhesive composition and let it settle for 10-15 minutes. Then get to work.
Laying porcelain tiles on the floor as follows:
- First apply the solution with a spatula comb on the substrate. If you plan to removing the thick layer of adhesive, it is better to put an additional portion and the very tiles.
- Then lean element on the marked advance and tightly fix.
- Prostuchite mallet and remove any excess solution.
- The following fragments are fixed taking into account a small indentation for the seams.
Porcelain tiles are placed without gaps, if the surface allows. This is especially true for the porch.
Glue is applied to the substrate using a comb trowel plane verified level
Now look at how to put on a granite and wooden floors. In this case, be sure to leave the technological gaps. As the base is better to use an additional waterproof plywood flooring. Clay also chosen specialty, with increased elasticity. This is because the surface properties of wood due to dynamic.
There are certain nuances. Note that the material has a pretty significant weight. If the floor laying stoneware not strongly dependent on the adhesive to vertical planes Pick up more viscous composition with accelerated cycle. Besides granite walls used in the decoration of fireplaces and stoves, as it remains warm for a long time and is not afraid of high temperatures.
When laying stoneware wall more viscous adhesive is used with rapid cycle
The work starts from the bottom. To support the upper rows at the second tier on the base wall fastened profile serving temporary support until dry. At least fit threaded pieces and the bottom row. It is important to determine the position of each element.
The very process of installation standard. Glue is applied to wall tiles or on both surfaces. Porcelain tiles pressed to the solution and gently vtrambovyvaetsya it using mallets. After drying, the wall joints are filled with grout.
Sawing and drilling porcelain
As laid tile fragments only one piece can not always need a reliable tool for cutting material. In view of the special technical characteristics of such a building is best suited Bulgarian and electric tile cutter. They are equipped with diamond cutting nozzles, able to cope with the thickest and strongest material.
For cutting granite in the home it is best to use a grinder, it allows you to do both straight and shaped cut
Difficulties arise when laying on granite floor portions adjacent to the plumbing or shaped protrusions in the interior. In this case, make accurate recess corresponding to a predetermined shape.
For shape cutting is best to use a jigsaw diamond wire.
Also laying stoneware tiles on the wall or floor often requires drilling holes for pipes, sockets and switches. In this case, you need a fairly powerful drilling machine beater:
Drills are designed to work with tile and glass, and therefore cope with both matte and glossy finish. It is important to bear in mind that drill and produce any cut tiles exclusively on the front side to prevent chipping and cracks on its surface.
Made thus facing the house will look very dignified. And care for granite itself will not be difficult.
Very easy to understand and clear, thank you.
Copying site materials is allowed only if active link to the source.