- 1 Decorating the walls of the laminate. Laying laminate on the wall
- 2 Laying laminate on the wall: the nuances of technology and art
- 3 Laying laminate on the wall: the methods and technology
Decorating the walls of the laminate. Laying laminate on the wall
Among the modern materials used in the construction finishes, there is a class of different coatings of laminate panels, which is developing successfully for over 20 years. All kinds of coatings for simplicity is usually called a laminate, and there is no matter, it's the production of domestic or foreign origin. This type of material is widely used for different purposes. Today has become quite common wall finish laminate.
What is the difference of the material from the likes of him?
The basis of the laminate serves construction having a lot in common with a sandwich. In sandwich panels - four or five layers in total 12-15 millimeters thick. The dimensions of the laminate sheets - 30 centimeters wide and two meters in length. The coating was invented in Sweden and initially it was meant for sex. However, due to their excellent properties of artificial panel is made possible to mount on the wall. The laminate has qualities such as high strength and resistance to various external factors, which are combined with ease of handling and ease of installation. In the production of panels manufacturer generates stabilization lower layer, which is impregnated with resins.
The carrier substrate is formed of HDF technology that enables high density material layer. That is why the decoration of the walls provides a laminate surface with high strength, much higher than the strength of the plastic panels, enjoying great popularity at the moment.
If all the above parameters, the huge popularity of the laminate due to the fantastic variety of design: it mimics the beautiful texture of almost any natural material, and even unusual patterns. Such diversity, as well as the durability and the highest quality are the reason that wall finish laminate is becoming more popular. It should be noted that the mounting technology of panels on a wall, like outdoor installation is very fast and easy. Laying laminate wall has yet another advantage - the ability to conceal unevenness without using "mokrye9raquo; shpatlevanija or plastering technology.
As is known, laminated panels can be used from two types of compounds: a lock type or latch type clique. The latter species is so easy to build the plan that does not need any special expertise, so that the installation can be carried out even by inexperienced employees.
If you decide how to fix the laminate on the wall, you can resort to conventional framing furring of wood, consisting of bars and rods. Between the inner side walls and the base panel sufficiently often place additional insulation in the form of sheets of foam or mineral wools. Step horizontal and vertical elements of the frame battens is calculated so as to provide sufficient rigidity coating after it is fixed.
Often used wall laminate, imitating stone materials or precious woods. Coloring can choose to match the flooring or choose a contrasting combination that allows you to get a very modern wall design solutions while fully respecting old traditions. At the moment, a special popularity began to use materials that mimic not only the tone and color of the natural material, but also its surface structure. Rough and smooth laminate panels is good to clean, wash, easy and hygienic in terms of cleaning, it is possible to consider them an added advantage.
Before you begin the process of finishing, you need to do location. Works should start to conduct only after two days the material is kept at room temperature. Before the start of finish must be fully completed all the "wet" work the stage. Depending on what kind of material was used for the construction, you may need a plastic or wooden plugs for mounting the frame elements.
With that wall finish laminate technology can be considered fast and dry decoration, indoors standing on the walls of the pre-seal the cracks and chips, as well as proshpaklevat them and do other similar work. In the process of mounting the frame batten before lay laminate on the wall, it is required to ensure absolute verticality and future otsustvie curvature surface.
For these purposes, used long enough building level, with the help of which you can check it out. The required level can be maintained by inserting between the wall and bar pieces of boards. Operations are significantly accelerated, if you use a drill or screwdriver with an appropriate nozzle. Screw heads must be recessed to the level of the surface of the bars.
Finishing walls laminate made in accordance with the technique is slightly different from that used for flooring. Lamella is required to pull off before finally fix them to the crate. comfortable enough to use special metal plates with a flat hook for fastening the panels. They can be put on the hook right up to the edge of the slot, and then nailed to the frame elements, which will pull the following panel closely. Fixing nails to nailing the inner groove edges to the wooden frame elements can be awkward, as this may damage the panel in the area of the outer edges of the groove or score a nail head is loose, making it difficult to assembly the following slats.
It is worth saying that the finish of the walls in the hallway with laminate or in any other room is made using tools such as a hacksaw on wood, tape measure, jigsaw, building line, angles, plumb and level. Of course, come in handy marker or pencil, screwdriver, knife or scissors construction. Mounting is by means of screws, nails, mounting brackets, plastic or wooden plugs.
Mounting laminate by wooden battens
In this case, the stacking technology is fairly simple. In this case, the gap between the laminate and the wall remains at the same level you selected. First you need to make a wooden crate or simply mounted on the wall bars in a horizontal direction. They already mounted panel. The connection is performed using special fasteners - klyaymerov. Fixing is carried out at the top and bottom of the laminated board. On the tool joint is required it is important to apply the sealant layer for the laminate, which will prevent the penetration of moisture through the compound greatly extending the life of the material.
When that material is laying on the wall, it should provide a gap between it and the floor and ceiling, so that the laminate was room for expansion. This is especially true when made wall decoration with laminate in the kitchen. After installation is necessary to close the edges by means of aluminum parts, which also requires a coat of sealer.
Such a method allows you to save space. But this wall must be carefully aligned. Shield laminate is collected on the floor, and then glued to the wall. The joints must be hermetic missed the mark, and the edges - Aluminum closed area.
Laying laminate on the wall: the nuances of technology and art
Decorating the walls of the laminate can be produced in several ways, both with horizontal panels and vertical. Before proceeding to the description of the intricacies of technology, a look at the varieties suitable for the finishing of laminate wall.
Which laminate flooring is suitable for walls: glue, sheet or Clicks?
- In the adhesive laminate the edges are smooth, without a lock. The adhesive laminate is placed on a flat surface on the liquid silicone nails or construction: the panel is applied to the underside zigzag glue strip is laid, an adhesive is applied on the end placed next, etc. Speaking at the junction of streaks of glue there and then remove with a cloth slightly moistened with vinegar. For laying on the crate adhesive laminate is not suitable because of the small area of contact with the underlying surface. Adhesive laminate plank flooring.
- tongue and groove laminate panels provided with a tongue lock. It can be installed without glue sizing of the tongue, so that the joints dry out and always neat. When laying the dry strip is fixed in the groove of the tongue as the battens: small nails (only to wooden sheathing) or staples, kleymerami (to wooden and metal lath). Piling laminate is suitable for all surfaces of the room: floors, walls, ceiling.
- Clicks laminate - the improvement of sheet piling. The comb has a pear-sectional shape; it corresponds to the profile groove. When it is contiguous stacking panel is tilted approximately by 20 degrees, is introduced into the lock groove ridge, and turning to the base is pressed - the lock is latched. Casing Clicks laminate has high strength and resistance to warpage. In addition to the click-adhesive laminate is attached carnations in the lock groove. Kleymery can not be used - the lock clicks. Clicks on the walls of the laminate can be attached with glue to the wooden crate.
Laminate is also called MDF panels of the same, which laminate panel size. This is very good stuff, but expensive, so in this article, it is not considered. But all working techniques and subtleties of the laminate on the basis of MDF and particleboard and MDF are suitable. A more detailed description of MDF may be found by reference.
For wall laminate will need some of the tools used in the flooring. Apply them on the ceiling does not make sense, because everything is done on the weight. Clicks laminate strips can be accurately fit when installing only a tool. To push their hands will not succeed - crest sits in the groove is very tight.
- Boss. Hammer through boss inciting strip as stacking.
- Rule (accent - on the "i"), or the hook. Sometimes it is incorrectly referred to as a clamp. Rule tighten the latest bands or hand, or blows to the "flags" hammer.
- Wedges withstand indentation on the perimeter. For work you need at least two sets of wedges. Wedges are mainly used in flooring.
Where no suitable laminate
The kitchen is not suitable for the finishing of the laminate. Fiberboard and particleboard - inexpensive materials; raw materials for their complex machining passes. Therefore, a laminate of excessive humidity and temperature changes swells and warp. In the kitchen, the fluctuation of temperature and humidity are not only large, but often cut.
For the same reason, the laminate can not finish basements, cellars, closets. But the hallway - possible. Here, the deviation parameters of the air from the sanitary standards for a long time did not hold, and occur infrequently.
But for the balcony, even a very well-equipped carefully, laminate is suitable even less than for the kitchen. The balcony large seasonal variations in temperature and humidity. Therefore, you need to sheathe balcony plastic Lining, Lining or MDF.
Because of the tendency of the laminate to swell at high humidity, its mounting in any way need to be laid with a gap (indentation) on the angles of 15-20 mm around the perimeter. Stand it when mounted on a wall wedges difficult, especially from the bottom, so it is best to do so: on the bottom of the board be laid flat or rail desired thickness. If styling is on the glue, the board or rail wrap one layer of a thin plastic film. On the sides it is already possible to use wedges - they are not loaded with the weight of sheathing and not slide. Clearances at the end of the skirting trim cover on the glue.
More often than not recommended to lay laminate crate. In this case, on any wall finish guaranteed strength and can make an additional sound and heat insulation. But here's the art of finishing possibilities when laying on the crate is very limited. For the original design lining laminate is laid with glue (liquid nails, silicone) on a flat, dry wall without plaster.
On the nuances of forming a wooden or metal battens read by reference.
Council: Many manufacturers of flooring, aware of the customer's request, has already produced a special parquet and laminate fastening system on the wall. An example of such solutions in the video below:
This requires a smooth rail length in the height of the wall without skirting. Before checking plaster, skirting boards, architraves doors and windows removed. Rail are vertically along the wall; ridges and valleys mark with a pencil. The protrusions scraped or chisel to knock a shallow depression. Then all the hollows are filled starting putty and rub clean.
How to check the "evenness" most rail? Directly on the wall. With a flat rail to the wall delineating the pencil line along it. Then rail is pivoted 180 degrees, and applying to the ends of the line ends. If a line across the length and so coincides with the edge of the rail - it is flat. If noticeable deflection / inflection - need another. This method is described in the test line school textbook geometry.
Most often recommend start laying the laminate from the left far corner and keep it in a clockwise direction. there is nothing to argue, but can be supplemented if you are left-handed, it is more convenient to start from the right far corner and go counterclockwise.
Laying laminate on the wall is possible both vertical stripes and horizontal. On the vertical stacking capabilities discussed later, but for now we describe methods styling horizontal.
Laying integral stripes at first sight easier and cheaper, but it only seems so. Joints, which in this case are obtained in a single line, it is necessary to close the baseboards and plinths themselves attached to a wall mounting nails (dowels, nails). Fixing holes for the nails drilled right through the joints of panels. Even if the lining is integral strips in length of the wall, it is still skirting boards should be placed not less than 1.7 m.
Why such complexity and additional costs? The fact that the whole panel will keep each other locks in one direction only. Without additional reinforcements such cladding will seek to emerge like an accordion. Mechanical stress on the fasteners (glue, nails, kleymery) in some places will be focused, and generally facing get unreliable.
For good strength liner stack "comb": exactly in half cut the number of bands equal to half the horizontal rows. If, for example, at the height of the wall is placed 10 rows sawed 5 bands. Laying conduct, starting with rows of alternately solid strips, then the halves. Spaced by half the length of the strip joints evenly distribute the load on the fasteners.
In some cases it is interesting looks laminate laying diagonally. It is better to use a coating of two colors. Naturally, this work will need certain skills and experience.
Opportunity to prove to the wall covering their creativity grow immeasurably if we put laminate on the wall vertically, to glue on a flat, dry surface. Dreary and dusty work to clean up and level the wall offset by expenditures on the crate.
For example, we will use a panel of only two types: long (or whole if the room height is greater than 3 m) - basic and pieces in the height of the remains of the wall size - complementary. Take the basic and supplementary panels of contrasting colors, for example, dark and light. Let's see what can happen:
- Share of complementary panels 60-80 cm long strip along the bottom; to-ceiling zashem basic. On the horizontal joint set plinth. Vertical joints at certain intervals (for example, through the interface 3-4) can be further consolidate pieces of the same plinth, and it is put on the ceiling are also sheathed laminate. What happened? Romantic, medievistskoe (medieval type) room with imitation ribs and ceiling beams. On rib torches can be installed instead of linear fluorescent lamps or freon.
- Zashem only the bottom major panels, and on top of bleached leave a clean strip. What for? And even as a screen for the lighting design LED ribbons. Who said that lighting design is only possible on the ceiling? There is no such law, and that's it.
- A strip of dark complementary panels let light in the middle of the wall and place your baseboards. Put on her paintings, photographs, decorative plates, souvenirs, application from straws, a macrame, a collection of decorative arms, etc., etc. Aesthetically pleasing and original.
As an option - to sheathe laminate wall bedside appropriate under the floor tone.
- Complementary strip sawn to length ratio of 1: 3 (cut off by one-third). On top and bottom will publish their comb, and will be the main among them. A light (or dark), the surface between the two combs - minimum of complexity of the material and economical, but quite decent design solution.
- Purchase of basic and complementary bands evenly and cut into squares. The message is clear: the walls in the form of a chessboard. Not so trivial if some squares glued flat characters chess pieces of thick plastic sheet. You can be represented by a collection of chess problems.
- Sawn both basic and complementary bands in a ratio of 1: 2, and the pattern lay out of them, or simply scattered in artistic disorder. It turned out - complete freedom of expression.
In the latter case there is a stone of stumbling, if laid as per capita climb up, then some fragment at the top is not enough space, or failure remain. Therefore, the pattern (or artistic disorder) need to advance to lay on the floor just like that, without binding, and migrate to the wall pieces.
And if the room is narrow? In this case, you need to simulate the pattern on the computer at any computer design program, at least in well-known CorelDraw, respectively numbered real pieces and put them in order of numbers horizontally.
If you have only the initial computer skills, you may find it easier to cut pieces of thick colored paper on the scale, put them on the table of the appliqué, and even with her carry the numbering to "live" pieces. Apply numbers, of course, need their back side.
As you can see, paneling laminate is not only possible virtually anyone. Laminate also provides opportunities to develop the creative abilities of people with no artistic education and skills. Even the cheapest of all two-tone laminate allows the design of flats to express the individuality of its owner.
Video: An example of the complex laminate cladding loggia
Despite the fact that the video has been entirely balconies lining laminate, we once again remind that such a decision should be resorted to only when a deep confidence in a good room climate, or use more severe laminated panels on the basis of MDF.
Tell me please, when laying laminate on the wall than cover the joint between the laminate and wallpaper?
Originally need to remember
Hello! As I understand it looks difficult to find differences between MDF and laminate flooring. The laminate has a denser structure. Probably because of this laminate will be more stable, and more similar in structure to the tree than the wallpaper.
Good afternoon! Of course perform the wall of the laminate good course design, and looks solid, and easy to care for them well and collect the entire structure is not difficult in principle, well, it is of course if the hand of the place grow. But now on the market there are more and more new gadgets for the repair, they are not only newer, but smarter, easier to use, and of course individually vid.Nu example: why collect a pretty large structure of the laminate when it is possible to decorate the wall of the wooden wallpaper veneer? This wallpaper is flexible, lightweight, with different textiles and rastsvetkoy.No most importantly they are environmentally chistye.Nu course always a matter of choice for vami.Prosto expressed its opinion.
Pancake! And what is a laminate? It does not MDF, obkleyany PVC film? The MDF (without film) stable on the balcony lamnata (MDF with film)? It can warp due to the film, which is only on one side? Chipboard odnosoronnim lamination bends because of this.
Laying laminate on the wall: the methods and technology
Making walls laminate decorating method is unusual because it has long proved popular as a strong and durable floor coating. However, laying the laminate on the wall is increasingly replacing finishing walls with plastic or MDF panels, paneling or drywall. In addition, the technology and methods for laying quite simple and can be carried out with their own hands, if we follow the examples of photo and video instructions.
If you wonder what arguments there are for it to be laid laminate on the walls, it is necessary to list the advantages:
- Contemporary laminate - an environmentally friendly material, without harmful fumes.
- He's durable, rugged, service life of more than ten years.
- Laminate hide any irregularities of the walls, in this regard, it can be used both in the apartment and a private home.
- As flooring laminate should choose the highest strength class. But using it as a wall covering can be substantially at the same time save by choosing the low classes, as on the walls of the material is not exposed to such influences, both on the floor.
- Due to the wide variety of textures and colors, you can realize any design idea to the apartment.
- Antistatic - the walls will not collect dust and the ceiling can be cleaned.
- Working with these materials is quite simple, it can be made with your own hands.
However, there are some drawbacks:
- Material sensitive to increased moisture.
- Sensitivity to temperature changes, which can adversely affect the appearance of the material.
Therefore, the laminate is not recommended for installation on walls and ceiling in the bathroom and kitchen, as well as for the interior trim their own hands loggias, balconies, cellar.
There are three types of laminate: Piling, Clicks and an adhesive.
- Piling panels are equipped with a special lock (see photo). Laying can be carried out with the help of glue, dowels prokleivat but not necessarily - it will get dry and neat seams. Piling panel when mounting laminate tongue and groove coupling takes place by means of small nails or cramps-kleymerami. Such fastening type is carried out on a special lath. Piling laminate is laid on the floor, walls and ceiling.
- Clicks laminate - a more refined form of tongue and groove. The panels engage with each other using the special slot. Clicks laminate fastened to it by adhesive to the wooden lath, in addition to the adhesive, can be used for fixing small studs in the grooves of the lock. Such a laminate has high strength, is used to cover any surface.
- Adhesive laminate - a panel without locks, with smooth edges. He fastens construction adhesive or liquid nails on a flat surface without battens. The adhesive laminate adhesive agent is applied to zigzag on the underside of the laminate, stacked and then adhered to the joint next panel. For laying on the crate is not in use, however is mainly used as a floor covering.
You can apply it for facing walls, but only if it is perfectly flat.
Before choosing a method of laying laminate flooring with your own hands, you should deal with two issues:
- Glue or crate?
- Vertical mode or horizontal?
lath for laminate
The first question reflects krepleniya- ways with glue or by arrangement of crates on the wall. Adhesive method is quite simple, it is suitable for all types of laminate, but imposes high demands on the quality of the wall surface - it should be homogeneous and smooth, otherwise there will be visible gaps and joints, and for a long time, the panel on a wall will not be able to hold out. But this method is very simple, installation is easy to carry by hand. The method has the advantages of creating a batten in the sense that it is not necessary to spend time and money for the alignment of the walls, and this creates an additional sound and heat insulation surfaces. If the decoration of the walls with laminate additionally decorated ceiling, it will serve as a good sound insulation from the neighbors above.
vertical laying laminate on the wall
The second question reflects the ways of laying laminate - vertical or horizontal stripes. Horizontal way at first glance, it seems the most straightforward - bar laid horizontally in rows above each other. But all the joints at the same time should be closed plinths, which are fastened to the wall with dowels. They need to put every meter - one and a half, otherwise the whole cladding without additional fasteners Fold "accordion". To give the laminate strength with this method of packing, it is necessary to alternate a half, i.e. shorter panels, with long, putting them on top of each other (see. photo). Shorter panel will evenly distribute the load at the anchor point.
Vertical way of laying laminate will create an original design wall decoration that will affect the ceiling, if at the same time, for example, combine different colors or sizes of the panels (see. Photo).
When laying laminate on the walls and the ceiling with your hands need the following tools:
- Hacksaw or electric jigsaw
- A hammer
- Putty knife
- Special block of wood that is used for adjusting the slats and spacers for mounting gaps between the floor, ceiling and lining. tool
In order to process and packing technology have been more clear, you can see the video at the end of the article for clarity.
laying laminate on the wall