- 1 Overview 9 species best tool boxes
- 1.1 How to choose a tool box
- 1.2 The best tool boxes on wheels
- 1.3 Top aluminum tool boxes
- 1.4 Best car tool boxes
- 1.5 Most large tool boxes
- 1.6 The best tool boxes on the balcony
- 1.7 The best tool boxes with combination lock
- 1.8 Top metal boxes for tools
- 1.9 Best plastic tool boxes
- 1.10 Top rofessionalnye tool boxes
- 2 Tool box: choice and manufacture your own hands
- 3 Tool box with his hands
Overview 9 species best tool boxes
Tool box saves space for storing equipment. The compact arrangement ensures quick search required.
How to choose a tool box
According to the construction stand boxes, cases, containers, folding boxes, modular system.
Capacity made of solid material. Form generally rectangular, box consists of four walls and bottom interconnected. The cover is removable or hinged, closed lock.
Sometimes, as the cover acts as a sliding compartment. Purpose - permanent storage location of the instrument or its transportation by a small distance.
It consists of a set of trays. Containers of different sizes are used to store a large supply of tools.
The compact suitcase, which is widely disclosed. Mandatory element of the case - the handle side end. Incredible Surround equipment it will not work place.
Container small height, divided compartments. Embodiments - case with a handle or a cabinet with drawers. Section of small size designed for storing small fasteners and accessories.
By controlling the space in the organizer placed a large screwdriver and pliers.
Open container, like a box without a lid. Sometimes models are on a flat tray with a recess for the tool. Not intended for transport in the hands of as many are not equipped with handles.
It resembles an ordinary gym bag with a pair of handles and strap. The advantage is considered to be a large capacity, high carrying comfort.
The disadvantage performs soft tissue that makes it difficult to transport large equipment, not protected from damage, moisture. Some models are equipped with a rigid frame.
External similarity with conventional rucksacks, the internal space is adapted for positioning of instruments. Some models are equipped with cages carrying hefty objects. Take inventory uncomfortable.
Rectangular box divided into compartments, so the tool is expanded by type. Some containers include removable trays wheel. Folding models are executed in the form of a transformer.
The product occupies little space and when fully unfolded turns into a warehouse full of tools.
The product of the soft material is mounted on the belt. Such models are useful during repairs.
Fabric clothing with pockets for various items. Dimensions of large appliances, tools are distributed evenly.
Classic apron is worn on the neck, with a bandage on his belt. Ahead in the pockets is hand tools.
In the shape of a rectangle with a variety of devices for securing items. Stored in collapsed form, and is developed and used for other purposes if necessary.
Lack of cover - minimal protection from external influences. The advantage is considered to be the ease, compactness.
Container on wheels with handle. The size is usually large, large capacity, the internal volume is divided into sections, often sliding. Used in workshops and factories. Distant transportation will not tolerate.
- A pen. Transportation becomes comfortable. Open the drawer and a lot easier.
- Appointment. If only it supposed to transport the equipment, suitable plastic container, as it is lighter in weight.
- Number of offices. The more branches, the easier to sort and sort the parts, but each compartment makes less space.
- Section. The design includes a retractable compartments divided into several parts. Section ensures compact products, the availability of the content in expanded form.
Retractable stands (on a table) and sliding (laid out in different directions) type section.
- Wood is suitable for storing tools and similar parts. Additionally covered impregnation against moisture and insects.
- Metal - a guarantee of safety. Popular aluminum. Stainless steel is also characterized by resistance, but weighs more. The metal surface is better than galvanized or painted.
- Plastic crates are common because of the ease and cost. When choosing important to look at the technical characteristics of the body, which allowed the temperature, there are no bends when pressed.
Particular attention to the bottom, because it keeps most of the load. Place seam is further strengthened.
The best tool boxes on wheels
Structurally, the box is a vertically disposed housing on wheels. Inside the space is divided into sections, equipped with pull-out compartment.
The wheels are made of plastic or rubber. The most simple model presented metal container with wheels and a handle. Designed for storing and carrying a small amount of equipment.
- It is made of plastic.
- It is equipped with two wheels.
- It is equipped with a lock.
- Many models have a handle.
- Easy to move without efforts.
- A large assortment.
Top aluminum tool boxes
- Fit65610 - the most reliable. Presented in an aluminum casing. The design is very robust, equipped with a handle. The interior space is divided by partitions which are rearranged as needed. Weight - 1.58 kg.
- Dexter- the most compact box. Designed for hand tools and small parts.
- Wilton16910U- the best organizer Aluminum. The housing in the form of suitcases made of aluminum with steel loops. On the cover of a large number of pockets.
Aluminum products are practical and compact, they are suitable for storage of tools and small parts. The peculiarity of the material is high resistance to deformation and corrosion.
- Carrying handle.
- Form suitcase.
- The soft inner coating.
- Average weight - 3 kg.
- Attractive appearance.
- Resistance material.
- They are more expensive than plastic.
- A small selection.
- Limited space.
Best car tool boxes
- Bawer- the most versatile. The product is mounted under the frame of any car, intended for storage of equipment, consumables and spare parts. Avtoyaschik resistant to temperature extremes.
- KAMAZ- the most reliable. Mtallichesky housing guarantees long storage of inventory, and simple design will ensure the serviceability of all the elements.
- I-580- the most comfortable. Made of polyvinylchloride, weighs 35 kg, contains 90 liters.
Characterized by the presence of special fixtures for vehicle. Material - high-impact plastic, metal (steel, powder coated, brushed steel, polished steel).
Drawers are equipped with secure locks. Protection against moisture is provided by end seals.
- Gray or black color.
- Rectangular shape.
- Simple construction.
- The thickness of 1.5-2 mm.
Most large tool boxes
- STANLEY Mobile Job Chest- fromamypractical.The space can accommodate a lot of inventory. Length - 962 mm width and 600 mm height. The material - a durable plastic.
- StanleyFatMax- very thoughtful. Functional splits into three sections. The lid is equipped with latches. The lower compartment contains massive tools.
- Peli0450- the most mobile. The container accommodates one upper tray, six small compartments and one deep.
For transportation equipped with three handles, wheels. Housing waterproof, airtight. The metal elements are made of stainless steel.
Larger boxes are equipped with offices, handles, wheels. The containers are put one on another, which eliminates the loss of elements.
- Open access.
- Saving transportation time.
- Useful space.
- Wheels for transportation.
The best tool boxes on the balcony
- FIT- ideal for small items. Made in the shape of the case, it accommodates fasteners. Adjustable partition can easily change the size of offices.
Transparent cover reduces the search time needed items. Plastic clip organizer will protect against accidental opening.
- Lot-3- the most affordable. Colored plastic products organizing home space. Compact in size, inexpensive cost, comfortable handle. The trays are placed on top of each other.
- MosPromTara- the home. The product is simple: without branches, but with the handle or lid.
Popular and expensive special organizers considered. Most often they are presented wooden containers with compartments or shelves. Boxes are put forward.
Portable organizers to easily move around the house.
- Durable material.
- Various designs.
- A plurality of compartments.
Cons depend on the particular type of device.
The best tool boxes with combination lock
- Brauberg- the most reliable. Special carrying case the most valuable things. Material - steel 8 mm thick and impact resistant plastic. Inside 6 compartments.
- Hairwayand- the most secure. The box consists of plastic with metal elements. Combination locks fitted on both sides of the product.
- Facebox- a box for delicate items. Aluminum storage case. The inner space of the soft. Feet on the bottom of the suitcase is convenient for storage.
- Form suitcase.
- Gray or black color.
- Robust construction.
- One or two combination locks.
Top metal boxes for tools
- Intertool- sliding metal box.Inside is equipped with five sections, through which open access to the internal sliding compartments. Additional advantages - robust handle and a sturdy lock.
- STANLEY Expert Cantilever-mostcomfortable. Small dimensions compatible 5 folding storage sections. The design of sliding, equipped with special finger protection.
- BoxMatrix- the most elegant. A metal container with a cover and a handle for transportation. Containers are removed without opening. Handle adds convenience.
Depending on the inventory volume of housing material is selected. Massive equipment is more convenient to store and carry in products which include lightweight metal or high impact plastic.
- An extensive range.
- content security on external factors.
Best plastic tool boxes
- StanleyClassic- the most comfortable. Product appearance seems fragile, but the body is made of impact-resistant material. The transparent cover helps to quickly find necessary.
- Tayg- the most rational. The model uses all available space to accommodate the necessary equipment.
- STANLEY"Jumbo"- the most practical. Easy product design ensures access to content, compactly located in the top cover with three compartments.
Presented different models: trays, organizers, durable products with massive drawers, automotive devices.
- Functional devices.
- Any size, shape.
- strength of the product.
- Rich assortment.
- Any color.
- Low price.
- A light weight.
- Long service life.
Top rofessionalnye tool boxes
- Stanley- the most indispensable. Locks coated corrosion protection. Placed on the handle soft insert that provides comfort when moving.
- BoschLT-BOXX-simplest. Vivid blue color, durable material (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene) ensures easy to use in difficult conditions.
- Stanley-the most reliable. Special container is equipped for storing drills and other accessories.
- Protect from moisture.
- Surface resistance to shocks and falls.
Tool box: choice and manufacture your own hands
Business card of the master - the box in which he keeps the instrument.
Do without this accessory is not possible, if you need to get the job done quickly and efficiently, without wasting time searching for drills and screws, taps, screwdrivers and dozens of other useful details.
Plank box with handle, for centuries served as a hand tool storage, can now be found only in a museum of wooden architecture.
She was replaced by lighter and stronger cases, bags and organizers, amaze variety of forms, volumes and sizes.
How not to drown in a sea of offers and choose the most convenient, compact and reliable enough drawer under the instrument will be discussed in our article.
Why the need for a tool box?
It performs three main functions:
- Optimize storage space, enabling to place in a minimal volume of the maximum amount of relevant devices.
- It facilitates and speeds up the work, because all the accessories in it laid out in a specific order, clearly visible and easily accessible for use.
- Simplifies tool transportation due to the presence of handles, shoulder straps or wheels.
It should be noted that the storage of tools - not the only function of these boxes. Since during operation often requires small mount, then removed the most "honorable" place at the top level for him.
Types of tool storage drawers
Depending on how you access the contents of the boxes distinguish between open and closed types.
The first looks like a simple travel bag. Their main advantage - quick access to stored objects, and minuses - the inconvenience of carrying (the contents poured rollover) and a low level of security.
The most popular are the pits - strong boxes with tight-fitting lid, provided with latch and lock.
Depending on the type of matter used for manufacturing, tool boxes are divided into metal, plastic and metal.
The steel box is hardy and reliable. However, it can not be called easy. Therefore, in the production of more commonly used aluminum - lightweight, durable and corrosion resistant metal. If you need a large portable box for storing tools, revealing its contents in several levels, the preference is better to give it to this material.
Plastic - one material, widely used in the production of tool boxes. He is an affordable price, a sufficiently high strength and durability.
It should be called two major disadvantages of this material - low bond strength "casing-lock" and the cold brittleness. Therefore, such a case for tools from strong shocks should be protected during the cold season.
Finding a material that combines the ease of plastic with metal strength resulted in a galvanized metal and plastic. Boxes He obtained roomy, light enough and can withstand very high loads.
Another feature of the tool boxes relates to method of use: professional and domestic. First characterized by high capacity, maximum reliability and high cost. Domestic models have a small size, and to make them use inexpensive materials and accessories.
"Specialization" tool boxes also can be different, that it is necessary to consider when buying. The box can be designed to store only carpentry tools and plumbing supplies. Universal embodiment combines in its structure compartment intended for different types of snap mounting (screwdrivers, drills, grinders, clamps, drills, screeds, self).
Often for easy layout of hardware allocated all available space. Such a call box organizer.
Many of the tools it will not put, but all necessary for small things fit completely.
How to choose the right option?
First you need to answer questions such as:
- How much and what tools you will often need to work.
- Will there be enough for your needs for a standard bay of hardware (screws, screws, bolts and nuts) or better for them to buy a separate box-organizer.
- How often do you move the tool over long distances (version with wheels, shoulder strap or a pen).
Having understood your needs, you can proceed to the choice of a suitable model, focusing on the production of well-known companies. Them to "pans for" the market is not very much.
The most popular foreign brands Stanley, Kroft, Keter, Fit, Blocker. When choosing a tool box of domestic production, it is worth paying attention to the products of the company "Bison".
US firm Stanley (Stanley) publishes professional and household tools cases. Its products are traditionally high quality for which will have to pay decent money. So for a standard 19-inch plastic box of the manufacturer (49h25h24sm) sellers asking more than 2 000 rubles.
The average cost of box made of metal and plastic (size 20 inches) - 2900 rubles. Large boxes of the company, equipped with transport wheels can be bought not less 8000 rubles.
For domestic use are good inexpensive tool boxes made by the already mentioned Fit firms, Keter, Kroft, Blocker. Depending on the size and material quality tags for these products are in the range from 400 to 3 500 rubles. Models with wheels are usually a bit more expensive.
The company "Bison" produces bags for tools in different cost categories (from 500 to 4500 rubles) and almost compete with the products of foreign brands. Therefore, among its products will find a suitable option and experienced master, and fans of home crafts.
When choosing a tool case, pay attention to the quality of plastic soldering, its thickness and reliability of fastening latches. This last point is particularly important as tool case with the spontaneously opened or broken locks is extremely inconvenient for carrying.
Those who use not only small manual, but also a larger electric tools, probably like a model with removable partitions. Removing them can significantly increase the internal volume of the box.
How to make a tool box with his hands?
Particularly complex elements in this design is not, so it is quite possible to do on their own. The easiest homemade tool box - open box with a handle.
For its production, you can use a thin board, plywood or OSB panels. After cutting pattern two ends with openings for the handle, these screws are screwed sidewalls and bottom. After that, put in one or two partitions. Their height should be chosen such that the top there is a place for the installation of a shallow wooden or metal drawer, in which to store the small fasteners.
Wearing such a box cover of durable artificial leather sewn thereto-compartments pouches, can significantly increase the amount of the stored tool.
Wooden handle can be replaced Strap, more convenient to carry.
The more difficult task - to make the tool box sofa with his hands. He is very roomy and easy to use.
The most interesting feature of this design - the lever system (metal or wood), with which it opens its offices on several levels.
After collecting a large lower and four upper compartment, place them one upon another as shown in the figure, then mark the location for attaching the swivel arms.
Before you fix them permanently, check the smooth running and accuracy of uncovering the entire structure. On the side walls of the upper branches need to fix two metal carrying handles.
All necessary accessories (locks, latches and hinges) on a homemade box can be purchased at specialty stores.
New on site
Seedlings develop and expand vegetative mass in a limited volume of substrate. And this volume.
Winter - an ordeal for pets. Especially hard it is transferred laying hens. Short.
New Year's vanity with gifts and drawing festive menu applies to home interior decoration.
Comfortable country house, built away from the gas supply networks is impossible without the stove. In the cold.
Illumination of the area suburban area is regarded as a separate stage arrangement planning zones.
Ordinary phrase of dog's life these days is only applicable to the homeless dogs. .
Acquiring land and making a plan of the future house, be sure to think about the placement.
The last 10 years on the vegetable growing and gardening seminars and forums is an active discussion.
It's hard nowadays to find someone who has not heard anything about the plates.
Looking at the bags of cement and a pile of sand, not every developer feels.
Tool box with his hands
Large and comfortable drawer under the tools - the dream of any master. It is understandable, because in this store can be compactly put all his tools. Today they are not so expensive, so one option - is to buy at the store or create such a masterpiece of your own. Which option would be acceptable to you? Of course, the purchase of a certain size, but the tools can be a lot more than can fit in it. But one way or another, will have to put up with it again or run to the store and buy a new one. It is quite another thing - do it yourself: find the right material and calculated under all the available tools and even with the prospect. Conveniently? Most likely, you will agree with this argument. Therefore, in this article let's talk about how to make the home a box.
The box is made according to individual needs
If this is the home box, it can be an ordinary box with a handle. Well, if you, for example, a plumber, it is clear that you will need to box more functional, spacious and durable. This role successfully perform organizer. However, in this paper, as an example, consider a simple home version - a box with a handle. Thus, we assume that we have decided on the type of the box where we keep all the tools we need, or almost all.
Where do we start? To start pick up the material. This may be plywood, wood or metal, then the calculations. Only then can you begin to compile a detailed drawing. This can be done in the classical way, ie on Whatman paper using well-sharpened pencil, ruler, compass, square and so on. D.
Scheme box structure
Non-classical method - with the help of a special computer program. "Avtokad9raquo; and "Kompas9raquo; just "zatocheny9raquo; the fact to make a professional accurate drawing. The advantage of such programs is that they will help to avoid errors in the calculation and, moreover, it is possible to see in advance that you have all of this happen.
These programs will stand in good stead only if you have certain skills to work with them.
The material picked up, and now it is necessary to collect all the tools for the production, which we will need. Of course, the kinds of tools - it individually. It all depends on what kind of box you want. They, too, are different. But, anyway, there are tools-rounders. They always needed. This measurement tool:
choice of wood
Take a traditional material - edged boards softwood. With regard to processing, is the most simple and affordable material having besides and good strength properties.
According to the idea it would be a wooden box, and our task now is to materialize the drawing itself into the material. For this case we need a ruler and pencil. Thereafter, the marking on the material and a hacksaw or jigsaw Scrollsaw components of the product. If we have planned regular unobscured option, we need to make five planes: four walls and bottom.
We need 5 parts
When assembling, it is usually best to use the carpenter's glue. the junction it is necessary to clean up, and then apply the adhesive, and then squeeze the parts with each other tightly. Be sure to give the glue to dry completely.
After this operation, we can further strengthen the fixture box - screws. Consolidated. Now you need to make a handle. It may be an ordinary wooden slats that we need to beat or tie to the upper edges of the side members.
So we made the box. Further, so to speak, to taste, can verge products slightly sanded with sandpaper of various grits and even varnish to reveal the product and then, we can say the product is ready for use.
Tools in drawer
Following the principle "from simple to complex," Now let's talk about the organizer. It is clear that in a box with an open top, which was written above, it is possible to put a major tool: hand hacksaw, hammer, mallet and much, much more.
And what to do small things? All there screws, bolts, Gadget and so on. D. This small hardware tends to get lost or not be exactly at the moment when it is especially needed. Here we will need and the organizer.
Wooden box with organizer
As already mentioned, this type of boxes by design the most functional in use. What is it? It's kind of like a box on the box, or rather, set of drawers in one section for storing not only a medium-sized tools, but also all the little things. Of course, at first glance, it may seem that to make such a structure will not be easy. But it only seems. Basically, there are difficulties in the manufacture of the slide mechanism. Everything else is made much easier. Now more details about the technology.
- We start from the production of the main body. It should be open and deep so that we can put it a different instrument of medium size (hammers, wrenches, and so on. D.). We can say that the construction of the main body is simple enough, but in essence - is an ordinary box, which you can use the vertical plane divided into several sections.
- The next stage - the production of the 4 smaller boxes. You may have noticed that the number of sections is even, and we mentally break them in pairs, trying to stick to the manufacture of large size of their lower counterpart. They will be installed on top of each other. One pair of boxes (upper) will lids. They will either be hinged with piano hinges or sliding on the type of the Soviet school pencil case.
- Now we have to connect the boxes together. This we will do by means of connecting strips of metal. We will need 6 pieces. On the one, and on the other hand, we cling on one plate (short) to interconnect the two bottom boxes - small and large. Two plates (long) will interconnect all the boxes. And finally, the longest plank will serve as a handle, and at the same time to connect the two upper floors of the organizer. As you can see, nothing complicated here, and the sliding mechanism is simplified very much, as is exemplified by the organizer of the metal - the principle is the same.
Production of metal case for tools
Metal tool box
Let's talk now about the metal case of domestic production. It does not immediately conclude that it is impossible. Of course, make their own organizer of the metal by virtue of a skilled mechanic and the presence of special tools and appropriate material. Factory metal boxes, usually made of light metal alloys, such as aluminum, to itself such box was not heavy. At home, work with hard aluminum.
In principle, the metal box - it says loudly. Metal will be made, rather, an ordinary box. The material that is needed for producing such box - normal galvanized mild (about 0.3 mm thick). Of the tools you'll need:
- shtangeltsirkul (marker);
- sharpened or small Cernau marker;
- a hammer;
- an anvil (br metal bar);
Further, all of the same scenario: a drawing markup. The most interesting thing is that all this can be done directly on a sheet of galvanized using sharpened core (or marker), as you like. Then mark marker on metal places that we have to remove.
Marks on metal
After that, we proceed to the pruning, using tin snips.
Cut off the excess
After trimming all the excess we get here is such a complex geometric figure ( "winged box").
Now a bit of work by blacksmiths. For this case we have an anvil and hammer tapping, carefully bend out of the corner of our billet. It is better not to do this randomly, but in a certain order.
Fold the edge of the workpiece
First bends one sidewall, and then bends the other.
Fold the remaining part
Now bokovinki in turn.
Bending protruding lobes
After the loan bending the protruding lobes. They make a tougher design itself, and it will not be "igrat9raquo ;.
Pliers can be used to wrap the protruding parts on the top of the box.
After these manipulations should be good for the entire article go hammer, Align it.
In this case it turned a small box. But according to this principle can be similar - a little more, and as a result, we have a such a metal tool box.
So, if you want, anything is possible.
We hope that this article will be useful to you, dear readers. If your instrument order, then supplement it with conventional manufacturing tool box. If your tools do not have a permanent "residence", then think about how to build for him a two- or even three-story "house-transformer9raquo ;. Try to do it, and your tool will always be in place, and you will be delighted by the use the product manufactured in its own economy.
This video shows how to make a tool box and out of scrap materials:
See how you can make your own cases, Organizers for the tool: