- 1 Overview 9 species best tool boxes
- 1.1 How to choose a tool box
- 1.2 The best tool boxes on wheels
- 1.3 Top aluminum tool boxes
- 1.4 Best car tool boxes
- 1.5 Most large tool boxes
- 1.6 The best tool boxes on the balcony
- 1.7 The best tool boxes with combination lock
- 1.8 Top metal boxes for tools
- 1.9 Best plastic tool boxes
- 1.10 Top rofessionalnye tool boxes
- 2 Tool box: choice and manufacture your own hands
- 3 How to make a box for tools: choose the shape and drawing for independent production
Overview 9 species best tool boxes
Tool box saves space for storing equipment. The compact arrangement ensures quick search required.
How to choose a tool box
According to the construction stand boxes, cases, containers, folding boxes, modular system.
Capacity made of solid material. Form generally rectangular, box consists of four walls and bottom interconnected. The cover is removable or hinged, closed lock.
Sometimes, as the cover acts as a sliding compartment. Purpose - permanent storage location of the instrument or its transportation by a small distance.
It consists of a set of trays. Containers of different sizes are used to store a large supply of tools.
The compact suitcase, which is widely disclosed. Mandatory element of the case - the handle side end. Incredible Surround equipment it will not work place.
Container small height, divided compartments. Embodiments - case with a handle or a cabinet with drawers. Section of small size designed for storing small fasteners and accessories.
By controlling the space in the organizer placed a large screwdriver and pliers.
Open container, like a box without a lid. Sometimes models are on a flat tray with a recess for the tool. Not intended for transport in the hands of as many are not equipped with handles.
It resembles an ordinary gym bag with a pair of handles and strap. The advantage is considered to be a large capacity, high carrying comfort.
The disadvantage performs soft tissue that makes it difficult to transport large equipment, not protected from damage, moisture. Some models are equipped with a rigid frame.
External similarity with conventional rucksacks, the internal space is adapted for positioning of instruments. Some models are equipped with cages carrying hefty objects. Take inventory uncomfortable.
Rectangular box divided into compartments, so the tool is expanded by type. Some containers include removable trays wheel. Folding models are executed in the form of a transformer.
The product occupies little space and when fully unfolded turns into a warehouse full of tools.
The product of the soft material is mounted on the belt. Such models are useful during repairs.
Fabric clothing with pockets for various items. Dimensions of large appliances, tools are distributed evenly.
Classic apron is worn on the neck, with a bandage on his belt. Ahead in the pockets is hand tools.
In the shape of a rectangle with a variety of devices for securing items. Stored in collapsed form, and is developed and used for other purposes if necessary.
Lack of cover - minimal protection from external influences. The advantage is considered to be the ease, compactness.
Container on wheels with handle. The size is usually large, large capacity, the internal volume is divided into sections, often sliding. Used in workshops and factories. Distant transportation will not tolerate.
- A pen. Transportation becomes comfortable. Open the drawer and a lot easier.
- Appointment. If only it supposed to transport the equipment, suitable plastic container, as it is lighter in weight.
- Number of offices. The more branches, the easier to sort and sort the parts, but each compartment makes less space.
- Section. The design includes a retractable compartments divided into several parts. Section ensures compact products, the availability of the content in expanded form.
Retractable stands (on a table) and sliding (laid out in different directions) type section.
- Wood is suitable for storing tools and similar parts. Additionally covered impregnation against moisture and insects.
- Metal - a guarantee of safety. Popular aluminum. Stainless steel is also characterized by resistance, but weighs more. The metal surface is better than galvanized or painted.
- Plastic crates are common because of the ease and cost. When choosing important to look at the technical characteristics of the body, which allowed the temperature, there are no bends when pressed.
Particular attention to the bottom, because it keeps most of the load. Place seam is further strengthened.
The best tool boxes on wheels
Structurally, the box is a vertically disposed housing on wheels. Inside the space is divided into sections, equipped with pull-out compartment.
The wheels are made of plastic or rubber. The most simple model presented metal container with wheels and a handle. Designed for storing and carrying a small amount of equipment.
- It is made of plastic.
- It is equipped with two wheels.
- It is equipped with a lock.
- Many models have a handle.
- Easy to move without efforts.
- A large assortment.
Top aluminum tool boxes
- Fit65610 - the most reliable. Presented in an aluminum casing. The design is very robust, equipped with a handle. The interior space is divided by partitions which are rearranged as needed. Weight - 1.58 kg.
- Dexter- the most compact box. Designed for hand tools and small parts.
- Wilton16910U- the best organizer Aluminum. The housing in the form of suitcases made of aluminum with steel loops. On the cover of a large number of pockets.
Aluminum products are practical and compact, they are suitable for storage of tools and small parts. The peculiarity of the material is high resistance to deformation and corrosion.
- Carrying handle.
- Form suitcase.
- The soft inner coating.
- Average weight - 3 kg.
- Attractive appearance.
- Resistance material.
- They are more expensive than plastic.
- A small selection.
- Limited space.
Best car tool boxes
- Bawer- the most versatile. The product is mounted under the frame of any car, intended for storage of equipment, consumables and spare parts. Avtoyaschik resistant to temperature extremes.
- KAMAZ- the most reliable. Mtallichesky housing guarantees long storage of inventory, and simple design will ensure the serviceability of all the elements.
- I-580- the most comfortable. Made of polyvinylchloride, weighs 35 kg, contains 90 liters.
Characterized by the presence of special fixtures for vehicle. Material - high-impact plastic, metal (steel, powder coated, brushed steel, polished steel).
Drawers are equipped with secure locks. Protection against moisture is provided by end seals.
- Gray or black color.
- Rectangular shape.
- Simple construction.
- The thickness of 1.5-2 mm.
Most large tool boxes
- STANLEY Mobile Job Chest- fromamypractical.The space can accommodate a lot of inventory. Length - 962 mm width and 600 mm height. The material - a durable plastic.
- StanleyFatMax- very thoughtful. Functional splits into three sections. The lid is equipped with latches. The lower compartment contains massive tools.
- Peli0450- the most mobile. The container accommodates one upper tray, six small compartments and one deep.
For transportation equipped with three handles, wheels. Housing waterproof, airtight. The metal elements are made of stainless steel.
Larger boxes are equipped with offices, handles, wheels. The containers are put one on another, which eliminates the loss of elements.
- Open access.
- Saving transportation time.
- Useful space.
- Wheels for transportation.
The best tool boxes on the balcony
- FIT- ideal for small items. Made in the shape of the case, it accommodates fasteners. Adjustable partition can easily change the size of offices.
Transparent cover reduces the search time needed items. Plastic clip organizer will protect against accidental opening.
- Lot-3- the most affordable. Colored plastic products organizing home space. Compact in size, inexpensive cost, comfortable handle. The trays are placed on top of each other.
- MosPromTara- the home. The product is simple: without branches, but with the handle or lid.
Popular and expensive special organizers considered. Most often they are presented wooden containers with compartments or shelves. Boxes are put forward.
Portable organizers to easily move around the house.
- Durable material.
- Various designs.
- A plurality of compartments.
Cons depend on the particular type of device.
The best tool boxes with combination lock
- Brauberg- the most reliable. Special carrying case the most valuable things. Material - steel 8 mm thick and impact resistant plastic. Inside 6 compartments.
- Hairwayand- the most secure. The box consists of plastic with metal elements. Combination locks fitted on both sides of the product.
- Facebox- a box for delicate items. Aluminum storage case. The inner space of the soft. Feet on the bottom of the suitcase is convenient for storage.
- Form suitcase.
- Gray or black color.
- Robust construction.
- One or two combination locks.
Top metal boxes for tools
- Intertool- sliding metal box.Inside is equipped with five sections, through which open access to the internal sliding compartments. Additional advantages - robust handle and a sturdy lock.
- STANLEY Expert Cantilever-mostcomfortable. Small dimensions compatible 5 folding storage sections. The design of sliding, equipped with special finger protection.
- BoxMatrix- the most elegant. A metal container with a cover and a handle for transportation. Containers are removed without opening. Handle adds convenience.
Depending on the inventory volume of housing material is selected. Massive equipment is more convenient to store and carry in products which include lightweight metal or high impact plastic.
- An extensive range.
- content security on external factors.
Best plastic tool boxes
- StanleyClassic- the most comfortable. Product appearance seems fragile, but the body is made of impact-resistant material. The transparent cover helps to quickly find necessary.
- Tayg- the most rational. The model uses all available space to accommodate the necessary equipment.
- STANLEY"Jumbo"- the most practical. Easy product design ensures access to content, compactly located in the top cover with three compartments.
Presented different models: trays, organizers, durable products with massive drawers, automotive devices.
- Functional devices.
- Any size, shape.
- strength of the product.
- Rich assortment.
- Any color.
- Low price.
- A light weight.
- Long service life.
Top rofessionalnye tool boxes
- Stanley- the most indispensable. Locks coated corrosion protection. Placed on the handle soft insert that provides comfort when moving.
- BoschLT-BOXX-simplest. Vivid blue color, durable material (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene) ensures easy to use in difficult conditions.
- Stanley-the most reliable. Special container is equipped for storing drills and other accessories.
- Protect from moisture.
- Surface resistance to shocks and falls.
Tool box: choice and manufacture your own hands
Business card of the master - the box in which he keeps the instrument.
Do without this accessory is not possible, if you need to get the job done quickly and efficiently, without wasting time searching for drills and screws, taps, screwdrivers and dozens of other useful details.
Plank box with handle, for centuries served as a hand tool storage, can now be found only in a museum of wooden architecture.
She was replaced by lighter and stronger cases, bags and organizers, amaze variety of forms, volumes and sizes.
How not to drown in a sea of offers and choose the most convenient, compact and reliable enough drawer under the instrument will be discussed in our article.
Why the need for a tool box?
It performs three main functions:
- Optimize storage space, enabling to place in a minimal volume of the maximum amount of relevant devices.
- It facilitates and speeds up the work, because all the accessories in it laid out in a specific order, clearly visible and easily accessible for use.
- Simplifies tool transportation due to the presence of handles, shoulder straps or wheels.
It should be noted that the storage of tools - not the only function of these boxes. Since during operation often requires small mount, then removed the most "honorable" place at the top level for him.
Types of tool storage drawers
Depending on how you access the contents of the boxes distinguish between open and closed types.
The first looks like a simple travel bag. Their main advantage - quick access to stored objects, and minuses - the inconvenience of carrying (the contents poured rollover) and a low level of security.
The most popular are the pits - strong boxes with tight-fitting lid, provided with latch and lock.
Depending on the type of matter used for manufacturing, tool boxes are divided into metal, plastic and metal.
The steel box is hardy and reliable. However, it can not be called easy. Therefore, in the production of more commonly used aluminum - lightweight, durable and corrosion resistant metal. If you need a large portable box for storing tools, revealing its contents in several levels, the preference is better to give it to this material.
Plastic - one material, widely used in the production of tool boxes. He is an affordable price, a sufficiently high strength and durability.
It should be called two major disadvantages of this material - low bond strength "casing-lock" and the cold brittleness. Therefore, such a case for tools from strong shocks should be protected during the cold season.
Finding a material that combines the ease of plastic with metal strength resulted in a galvanized metal and plastic. Boxes He obtained roomy, light enough and can withstand very high loads.
Another feature of the tool boxes relates to method of use: professional and domestic. First characterized by high capacity, maximum reliability and high cost. Domestic models have a small size, and to make them use inexpensive materials and accessories.
"Specialization" tool boxes also can be different, that it is necessary to consider when buying. The box can be designed to store only carpentry tools and plumbing supplies. Universal embodiment combines in its structure compartment intended for different types of snap mounting (screwdrivers, drills, grinders, clamps, drills, screeds, self).
Often for easy layout of hardware allocated all available space. Such a call box organizer.
Many of the tools it will not put, but all necessary for small things fit completely.
How to choose the right option?
First you need to answer questions such as:
- How much and what tools you will often need to work.
- Will there be enough for your needs for a standard bay of hardware (screws, screws, bolts and nuts) or better for them to buy a separate box-organizer.
- How often do you move the tool over long distances (version with wheels, shoulder strap or a pen).
Having understood your needs, you can proceed to the choice of a suitable model, focusing on the production of well-known companies. Them to "pans for" the market is not very much.
The most popular foreign brands Stanley, Kroft, Keter, Fit, Blocker. When choosing a tool box of domestic production, it is worth paying attention to the products of the company "Bison".
US firm Stanley (Stanley) publishes professional and household tools cases. Its products are traditionally high quality for which will have to pay decent money. So for a standard 19-inch plastic box of the manufacturer (49h25h24sm) sellers asking more than 2 000 rubles.
Box STANLEY 1-79-217
The average cost of box made of metal and plastic (size 20 inches) - 2900 rubles. Large boxes of the company, equipped with transport wheels can be bought not less 8000 rubles.
Box STANLEY Rolling Workshop 1-95-621 with detachable top and middle and lower sliding sections
For domestic use are good inexpensive tool boxes made by the already mentioned Fit firms, Keter, Kroft, Blocker. Depending on the size and material quality tags for these products are in the range from 400 to 3 500 rubles. Models with wheels are usually a bit more expensive.
Budget Box FIT 65558
The company "Bison" produces bags for tools in different cost categories (from 500 to 4500 rubles) and almost compete with the products of foreign brands. Therefore, among its products will find a suitable option and experienced master, and fans of home crafts.
Metal box ZUBR 38163-20
When choosing a tool case, pay attention to the quality of plastic soldering, its thickness and reliability of fastening latches. This last point is particularly important as tool case with the spontaneously opened or broken locks is extremely inconvenient for carrying.
Those who use not only small manual, but also a larger electric tools, probably like a model with removable partitions. Removing them can significantly increase the internal volume of the box.
How to make a tool box with his hands?
Particularly complex elements in this design is not, so it is quite possible to do on their own. The easiest homemade tool box - open box with a handle.
For its production, you can use a thin board, plywood or OSB panels. After cutting pattern two ends with openings for the handle, these screws are screwed sidewalls and bottom. After that, put in one or two partitions. Their height should be chosen such that the top there is a place for the installation of a shallow wooden or metal drawer, in which to store the small fasteners.
Wearing such a box cover of durable artificial leather sewn thereto-compartments pouches, can significantly increase the amount of the stored tool.
Wooden handle can be replaced Strap, more convenient to carry.
The more difficult task - to make the tool box sofa with his hands. He is very roomy and easy to use.
The most interesting feature of this design - the lever system (metal or wood), with which it opens its offices on several levels.
After collecting a large lower and four upper compartment, place them one upon another as shown in the figure, then mark the location for attaching the swivel arms.
Sketch multilevel drop-down tool box
Before you fix them permanently, check the smooth running and accuracy of uncovering the entire structure. On the side walls of the upper branches need to fix two metal carrying handles.
All necessary accessories (locks, latches and hinges) on a homemade box can be purchased at specialty stores.
Copyright © 2014-2017 | | Construction and repair
How to make a box for tools: choose the shape and drawing for independent production
- Types convenient boxes
- The choice of material
- Suitcase for storing small tools
- The box-like stool
- Small portable version
A good experienced master always have your own tools at hand. It allows him to cope with tasks quickly and efficiently. As practice shows, the tool does not happen much. Sooner or later, their number reaches a critical state, no pockets are not enough to put all the screwdrivers and a ruler, so matures the need to purchase a wooden box for tools. Many tools can not be stored in bulk. In the process of friction from each other the same drill tupyatsya and easily damaged. And during every expert is willing to spend time searching for a suitable screwdriver, so the space is roomy wooden storage should be as involved, and the whole area is redistributed into separate compartments.
The easiest way to buy a ready-organizer, made of plastic or iron. As a rule, within the ready-made models of tools storage place has thought out in advance, and is divided into several compartments. But makeshift tools kit manufactured under each specific master based on the availability of storage locations for the various devices, consumables and fasteners. Some fit the most basic model, the other will need a multi-function carrying case. Therefore, it makes sense to learn about what types of designated objects exist, and then tell you how to make a tool box at home with their own hands.
For the manufacture of shape and functional accessories toolboxes are classified into:
Portable boxes for carpentry tools - compact models, within which is placed a small amount of tools. Components of such a case study depends on the specialization of the master. Its design presupposes a strong lock that can not accidentally open during prolonged transportation. Since the carrying case will have to be constantly on the move, it is important that within it was conceived several types of fixtures, comfortable niches, which can, for example, lay a screwdriver and fix them so that they do not hang out and chattering.
Stationary tool box with your hands to make it would be difficult. And all because it is much more difficult to design than the handheld organizer. It is not necessary to think inside the unit fastening elements, the main thing here to generate some compartments and divide them into the desired groups.
Specialized Case is made under strictly individual needs. It may, for example, be stored only for drills or drill wrenches of different sizes. Such a box under the small tools easier to use than universal repository, but to perform the work necessary to master sometimes take several specific cases. That is why before the how to do for themselves describe the object, you need to decide which of the options is best suited to the specifics of an existing work. To solve this problem helps a number of simple recommendations. Necessary:
- An inventory of available tools.
- Arrange them into groups.
- Then reallocate size.
After that, once it becomes clear what kind of box it is best can be done for the instruments. This article will offer a few guidelines that can and should take into account. To begin, it is important to decide what material it will be easier to work with.
The hardest thing will be to make the tool box of metal. For a portable structure such material is not fit (case will be too heavy). But for stationary models, which will be stored iron keys or heavy component parts - the most it. During operation, probably need welding. If you have the skills and ability to use it, you can try. If they do not, to replace the metal capable of plywood, thickness of 8-10 mm.
It just kind of seems fragile. In fact, it is also very durable material. Details are fastened together with screws, and further are coated with white glue (screws become loose quickly). For frame structures is better to use the bars of hard wood. The housing wall must be thicker (10mm), drawers under the carpentry tools to better mesh made of plywood 8mm.
Mobility stationary boxes made of plywood will increase markedly if attached to the bottom of the rollers, which can be easily purchased at a furniture store.
Drawers under the different instruments made of wood - the classic joinery. That tree allows you to implement your own hands, any simple and complex models. That talk about them in more detail in the article.
Suitcase for storing small tools
If you want to have on hand a set of small tools, you can do a simple box with a handle. The process of manufacture must be divided into several stages:
- The first phase - planning, product of the general calculations, preparation of drawings. He must show the order follow-up. The drawing can be yourself, and you can use the computer programs.
- The second stage involves the preparation of the necessary building materials. In this case the wooden workpiece (10-15 mm thick plywood), nails, fixing elements. To work may require measuring instruments, hacksaw and a hammer.
- At the third stage the production itself. Next will be given instruction that allows you to build your own hands a simple open tool box shown in the photo.
Before you begin, you need to take the next drawing.
Read the drawing is simple:
- The number 1 - wall box (two pieces).
- Number 2 - side cover (two pieces).
- Number 3 - bottom of the box.
- Figure 4 - a groove formed by the partition thickness. Its depth should be one third of the thickness of the plywood.
All items are cut using a hacksaw for the procurement of plywood. Then sandpaper polished faces blanks. Of the biggest parts is going to box him sidewalls are coated with white glue, then they are held together by an additional small cloves (use bolted here does not make sense). The handle holder (it septum) are made as follows:
Selected for its manufacturing plywood is 5 mm thick. The opening for the handle is sawed using jigsaw. The preform is inserted into grooves made pre-grooves are coated with PVA glue. To handle does not cut the arm, it is necessary to take the bar section 20h45mm. A plane rounded edges of the bar. Across the width of the slit is made, which is simply inserted into the blank plywood. The end result should be like this.
Along the edges of the plywood handle (pictured is well visible) mounted wooden slats, which have been previously made recesses for pliers-holders, mites, wrenches or screwdrivers. Tool box ready. That he in the process of active exploitation of getting dirty, it should be painted in several layers of varnish for wood.
Using the same plywood, can be their own hands to make a big box, which is a slight movement of the hand turns into a stable stool. This idea podsmotrena by experienced craftsmen working with carpentry tools. For a basis it is necessary to take the next drawing.
In addition to these items must make four legs the size of 375h50, with bevels on the ends, made at an angle of 15 degrees. And the handle 660 mm long and 40 mm wide. Along the edges of the same taper. But a clear plan for its assembly
Is the stool on the proposed scheme, the details are held together by screws (4,5h60), rather than screws. At the final stage is obtained here is a box. Make it your own hands - simple, the result is a multifunctional piece. If it is reversed, to obtain a stable stool.
There is the simplest manufacturing box option that is more suitable for the average man. Outwardly, it looks like a photograph.
By the described model comes with a detailed drawing:
Figure 1 represents a side frame, figure 2 - the bottom of a wooden box, figure 4 - a rack handle. The handle itself - bar size of 382 by 30 mm. Another detail - the holder - a rectangle 118 mm long and 55 mm. In the holder is necessary to make three of the same hole. To do this, use the drill. large box assembly begins with the connection bottom and sides, then mounted rack for pens. The photograph can be seen almost all stages of the work.
After that, it sets the second rack and simultaneously inserted into blind holes park-holder. Then assembled fasteners for screwdrivers. That's what should happen as a result.
Ready tool box can be covered with varnish or paint. Such materials will protect it from possible contamination.
Experiment in such direction can be infinite. Masters propose to use instead of the usual box wooden box, for the manufacture of which is the best suited aspen boards. Here he is pictured.
Or take such a stand to hold different sizes of screws or hardware.
The design of the most simple, but the functionality will comply with existing expectations. Any homemade better finished boxes, it is created to suit individual needs, so use it will always be convenient.
"Disc for grinders Wood: how to choose the right grinding and cutting wheel?"