- 1 Asparagus: a description of the plants and the cultivation of asparagus
- 2 Characteristics of the beneficial properties of asparagus with photos, its caloric content, as well as recipes for this product
- 3 Asparagus - the beneficial properties of plants. Benefits and asparagus recipes with photos
Asparagus: a description of the plants and the cultivation of asparagus
the Latin name - Asparagus L.
The soil - sandy, fertile soil.
Landing - seeds and rhizomes.
Asparagus is widespread throughout the world. Currently, there are more than hundreds of its species. Some of them are considered herbs, and other half-shrubs.
The chemical composition of the asparagus and its beneficial properties
The rhizome of the plant development, the leaves are small and underdeveloped. Highly branched stalks. Flowers small, bisexual. Fruit plants are blackish berries. The culinary use the upper portions of germs. They can see in the photo of asparagus. They are a good source of antioxidants, minerals and fiber. They are rich in vitamins A, K, E, C, W. copper, selenium, potassium, protein, phosphorus, choline magnesium. The most tender sprouts - young. But the thickness does not affect the taste.
Asparagus is useful, but, nevertheless, there are some side effects from its use. So it is believed that eating sprouts contributes to the accumulation in the body of oxalic acid salts. It can be the cause of urolithiasis. And some experts believe that the shoots, on the contrary being a diuretic, can help prevent this disease. So there is no clear opinion on this issue. People who exists a predisposition to the disease, choose for themselves - whether they should use pischu.V plant food used fleshy long stalks lopuhoobraznyh leaves, which contain malic acid, citric acid and oxalic acid, pectin, mineral salts and vitamins. Of petioles are prepared jelly, stewed fruit, marmalade, jam, filling for pies, juice, and consume them raw.
The most popular is the white asparagus in Germany. It has a delicate flavor and its shoots are very soft. That the plant was white, while growing fully escape spud the ground. Such a time-consuming process of cultivation explains the high price of this product. It contains a large amount of sugar and, therefore, it is high in calories. Before cooking with the skin it should be removed.
Green asparagus has a more pronounced flavor. The content therein of antioxidants, vitamin C, vitamins of group B, and including folic acid is greater than in white. Her most cultivated and eaten in the UK. The climate is very suitable for its production. Her collection lasts from April until the end of June. You can buy it in the supermarket. But the most recent plants can be collected on the self-service farm. Knife and collection bag are. In addition, it is cheaper to shop.
In Russia and Kazakhstan soy asparagus is called a product that is actually removed foam with soy milk. In Chinese, this product is also called "Fuzhi", and in Japanese - "yuba". The food can be consumed as dried and fresh. Chinese layer was dried, and then use it for the preparation of various dishes. The Japanese eat it fresh, dipping into soy sauce.
The most common varieties - Krupnochereshkovy, Moscow 42 Ob, Stubborn. On sale a lot of seed varieties of foreign selection.
Planting asparagus and care for asparagus
Rhubarb propagated through seedlings or dividing the bush. Sowing seeds to produce seedlings is carried out in early spring at a distance between rows of 30 cm and a depth of 3 cm. Seedlings in phase two leaves thinned out in a series of 15 cm, leaving a better development of the plant. Planted seedlings to a permanent place in late summer or in the spring of next year.
When vegetative propagation using four-year high-yield plants. The rhizomes are dug in autumn and cut into pieces so that each had 2 well-developed buds.
Seedlings or part of the rhizome is planted under the scheme 90 90 or 100 100 cm Apical buds of seedlings should be at ground level, and kidney rhizomes -?. 2 cm below the soil level. When planting in the wells it is desirable to make the main filling soil at 4 kg of humus or compost per 1 m2.
Caring for planting consists of loosening, weeding and fertilizing. Feeding during the growing season gives 4 times, hold them after a removal of the leaves. When dressing for every square meter is made of 15 g urea and 20 g of potash and phosphate fertilizers. Every two or three years in the fall gives the compost to 3 kg, and slightly hilling plants.
Gathering petioles begin on the second or third year after planting, when they reach the length of 30 cm, and the thickness is not less than 1.5 cm. Removed no more than four leaves of the season this year. In subsequent years, yields are up to the end of June at an interval of 14 days: to break out of this (do not cut off!) All the leaves with petioles trademarks. Leaf blades were removed immediately. All flower shoots as they appear to be regularly cut. At one place the rhubarb is grown for 14 years.
At one place the asparagus can grow up to 20 years. The plant is cold-resistant. The roots are transferred cold to -30 ° C. Shoots, which appear in spring, are more sensitive to cold. Unsuitable for planting asparagus are acidic soil. Suitable considered fertile, light, humus, sandy soils.
Autumn make organic fertilizer, the spring further contribute potassium chloride, as well as superphosphate. Propagation occurs as seeds and rhizomes division.
Seeds pre couple of days kept in the water. After the swelling they are placed on the cloth, hiding it well from above. A week after their naklevyvaniya sown into the soil. Seedlings appear in 30 - 40 days. At this time, puncturing is carried out and fertilizing with ammonium sulfate, urea or the slurry solution.
Care asparagus is slightly different from the usual procedures that are required for most other crops. Before the frost planting sheltering peat or humus manure. Overwintered roots dig. The largest, with 5-6 large kidney transplant in cut grooves. The bottom of the groove is filled with humus. Then poured to a height of 4 cm soil. Korvevischa straighten and sprinkle compost soil. Above the terminal bud at 5-6 cm. The remaining groove to fall gradually leveled.
After sowing the seeds of the crop is removed in the third year. Shovel soil to the point where the escape begins, and then it is cut.
It can be grown without bleaching. In this case, the plants do not spud. Harvested when the heads are dense and have not yet had time to blossom.
Characteristics of the beneficial properties of asparagus with photos, its caloric content, as well as recipes for this product
Calories: 20 kcal.
Asparagus is a plant from the family of asparagus. Some call it asparagus. We cultivate grass in ancient Egypt. Today in the world there are about 100 species of asparagus. It is always ranked as a real delicacy, because it cost a lot really. Now, thanks to its ease of cultivation, asparagus is widespread. Growing the asparagus for 2 months, from April to June.
Taking into account the color of the shoots can be divided into 3 main types of asparagus: white, green and purple (see photo.). It depends directly on the degree of maturity. It considered the best white asparagus, as it is collected as soon as the shoots appear above ground. Provided it is the tenderness and softness. If you find asparagus in the sun, it becomes green or purple color. shoot length of 15 cm on average. Such variants differ by the presence of bitterness.
To buy high-quality asparagus are encouraged to follow these recommendations:
- Start with the tips of the inspection of the product. They should be tightly closed. If the seeds are open, from the purchase should be abandoned.
- Check the hardness of the stems. Soft and wrinkled variations - a sign of old age or improper storage.
- About as asparagus indicates the correct round shape. It should not be ribbed or flat.
- Ends at fresh asparagus should not be stringy and dry.
- As well as the plants would indicate lack of odor.
If you do not use immediately bought the asparagus, it is not necessary to wash it, as it will negatively affect its appearance and taste. The ends of the stems, wrap a wet paper towel and wrap them with cling film and put in a bag. Also the stems can be placed in a jar of water, its level must not be higher than 5 cm. The storage period is not more than 4 days.
Use asparagus due to the presence of large amounts of vitamins and minerals. It contains choline, which normalizes blood cholesterol levels. There is a product B vitamins necessary for the nervous system that helps to cope with insomnia and stress. Included in the asparagus large amount of potassium, which displays the excess liquid, and normalizes blood pressure and enhances the cardiovascular system. There is a plant phosphorus and calcium - important minerals for bone tissue. As for calorie, it is at a low level, so you can safely include asparagus in your diet without fear of weight gain.
Another important feature of asparagus - it is quite a strong aphrodisiac. With regular use it, increases the potency in men, but also it is used in the treatment of prostate. Dishes, which include asparagus, it is useful to use if you have problems with the liver, kidneys and bladder. In addition, a positive effect on the grass of the heart, the digestive system, but also it reduces the pressure. Asparagus reduces the pain of rheumatism and helps to cope with fatigue. Due to the presence of fiber, herb helps clean the intestines of toxins and other waste products. The composition of asparagus include antioxidants, which slow down the aging process, which contributes rejuvenation.
Use asparagus for the organism and the treatment
Asparagus recipes of traditional medicine use has a huge amount of time. For example, broth, prepared on the basis of the asparagus roots, are recommended for the treatment of diseases of the cardiovascular system. It also helps to cope with the swelling and improves the condition if you have problems with the genitourinary system, arthritis and rheumatism.
asparagus juice has a diuretic effect, but it is recommended to use it only in combination with carrot, since it strongly affects the kidneys. plant juice is recommended to use for people with kidney problems and pathological glands.
The culinary purposes exclusively use the upper part of the asparagus. It can be consumed fresh, as well as the readability of heat treatment: braise, boil, bake, roast, steamed and grilled. In addition, it is possible to preserve and marinate. Asparagus is an excellent independent side dish, served with meat and fish. Additionally, the plant used in the recipes of first courses. It goes well with various sauces asparagus and other vegetables.
How to cook at home (cooking secrets)?
Asparagus to get a tasty and appetizing, it is necessary to know some subtleties:
- Asparagus is not necessary to clean, simply wash thoroughly. If the stems are covered with fine fibers, the thin upper layer to remove. Clean the asparagus need from top to bottom.
- If you bought an old asparagus and flex. She breaks off just at the point where it is rigid and is not suitable for human consumption. It is important that all the stems were the same size.
- If you want to cook the sprouts, they need to tie together 10 pieces. Because preparing asparagus evenly, it is necessary to boil, put vertically. Immerse the stems in boiling lightly salted water gradually. As a result, the stem will be cooked, and the upper part of the preparations for a couple. All it will take about 5 minutes. It is important to not overcook asparagus. Then, carefully taking out the stems, they should be put into ice water. With this asparagus will retain its color and favor.
- If you want to make the asparagus for a couple, then this will need to spend about 10-15 minutes.
- To roast asparagus, the oven must be heated up to 240 degrees. Tray or selected form grease with olive oil and place the asparagus. On top of a vegetable can be lubricated with oil or drizzle. The cooking process will not exceed 20 minutes.
- If you cook asparagus on the grill, then first coat it with oil. grilling temperature must be at an average level. In order not to spoil the delicate tips, use a frying pan for the grill or simply lay the stems on the grid. In the preparation takes about 10 minutes.
- If you want to make the asparagus in a pan, it is recommended stalks cut into pieces about 1.3 cm in length. Heat a frying pan and fry the asparagus over medium heat for 5 minutes.
Harm asparagus and contraindications
Asparagus can bring harm to people with individual intolerance to the product. Due to the content of saponins is not recommended to consume asparagus in acute gastrointestinal diseases. When plants are used in large quantities it can trigger the development of diabetes.
Asparagus - the beneficial properties of plants. Benefits and asparagus recipes with photos
Asparagus or asparagus - is a plant that is used in many areas of life. She put both room culture, sprouts often become part of the floristic composition and useful properties of vegetable were already known in antiquity. There are more than two hundred species of this unique product, but the two are widely distributed - a white and green asparagus, which are easy to find in supermarkets.
Useful properties of asparagus health
Asparagus with a small amount of calories - a perfect element of healthy, diet for weight loss. This product is essential for vegetarians. In the absence of them in the diet of animal food, asparagus helps to fill the body with essential substances, protein. It has long been known medicinal properties of the plant, due to the presence in its composition of nutrients:
- Asparagine. It lowers blood pressure, removes harmful substances from the human body.
- Beta-carotene. It improves eyesight, skin condition.
- Mineral calcium, phosphorus. Contribute to the strengthening of bone tissue.
- Magnesium, iron. Participate in the formation of blood cells.
- Zinc. It strengthens the connective tissues.
- Iodine. Regulates the function of hormones.
- Vitamin PP. Effective against liver disease, atherosclerosis, a beneficial effect on the cardiovascular system, useful for pregnant and lactating women.
- Folic acid. It contributes to the development of the fetus during pregnancy, improves blood.
- Coarse fibers. Help digestion.
The use of plants for medicinal purposes
Vegetable has a plurality of indications for use, especially in the presence of chronic or acute diseases. To feel better, it is desirable to bring the plant into the diet of each person, if there are no contraindications relevant. Check out some useful folk recipes with asparagus, which are used to get rid of various unpleasant diseases:
- To strengthen the blood vessels of the heart and kidneys. It is necessary to 3 hours. L. chopped rhizome plants, several shoots pour boiling water (1 cup). The thermos leave for twelve hours. Finished the infusion, drink one tablespoon per day.
- Gout. Squeeze the juice from fresh fruit plants, combine with pure filtered water 2. Take 1 to 3 hours. L. three times per day.
- To improve the discharge of urine. It will take three teaspoons of crushed root of a plant, a glass of boiled water. Fill them to the root, let it brew for two hours, strain. Daily drink as a diuretic infusion three times per day for one teaspoon.
- To rejuvenate. Squeeze the juice shoots, put on a cotton swab, wipe the face. Repeat twice a day.
How to cook the asparagus: recipes with photos
This is an excellent delicacy for festive and everyday table. To prepare the dish you will need:
- Dried white asparagus (500 grams);
- 4 tooth garlic;
- 2 tablespoons paprika;
- Pepper, salt taste;
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce;
- 6 tablespoons of sunflower oil;
- half tablespoon of sugar.
- Put the plant in a pot.
- Pour boiling water capacity with dried asparagus.
- Cover the contents of the lid, wait for several hours before the swelling. While vegetable comes, squeeze the garlic, salt and sugar dissolve in soy sauce.
- Drain, but do not press the asparagus, or after preparation of the product will be dryish, add spices prepared. Cut the asparagus if desired, mix everything carefully.
- To taste the finished dish a saturated, leave it for half a day in a tightly closed container (such as a plastic container). Tasty dish in Korean ready!
Salmon with asparagus in the oven
This plant with beneficial properties perfectly combined with fish. Try to cook a delicious salmon with green asparagus, to surprise loved ones. What is needed:
- salmon fillets (about 230 grams);
- green asparagus;
- 2 tablespoons olive oil;
- spices to taste;
- 3 garlic tooth;
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Baking tray, which will prepare a dish, lightly and treat with olive oil. Fold back the cleaned asparagus with a broken edges. Add spices on top if necessary.
- Fillet of salmon with spices put next to the plant (but not on it).
- Garlic carefully grind. Put a part (about half a clove) on the fish, lightly pushing spice in fillets, sprinkle with vegetable residues.
- Sprinkle the dish with lemon.
- Place a container with prepared food in the oven for 10-12 minutes. Delicious salmon with asparagus side dish is ready!
Salad with Asparagus
The benefits of this vegetable culture is revealed in many dishes - soups, side dishes, salads. To prepare a delicious salad of asparagus cook:
- One jar of canned tuna;
- 50 gram crayfish;
- vegetable asparagus (green);
- 4 chicken eggs;
- 1 lettuce;
- 2 tomatoes;
- olive oil.
How to cook appetizer with asparagus:
- Tomatoes are a good wash, cut into slices or strips, remove seeds.
- Boil the water, throw in eggs. One pull out early when cooked "in the bag", and the rest to boil hard boiled state.
- Make the sauce, which will be served a salad with vegetables, fish and asparagus, place the blender is not fully-cooked egg, sugar to taste (no more than 1 tsp..), A few capers, mustard (1 tsp..), Previously crushed garlic clove. Beat until smooth mixture.
- Arch sauce a little olive oil, squeeze a little lemon there.
- Wash the asparagus, boil. Salad leaves are not cut, tear his hands.
- Lay the finished salad layers: first the salad, asparagus, chopped tomato on top, then - tuna (in the middle of all the fish from the tank), crawfish, sliced egg.
- Fill the prepared dish sauce.
How to choose and store the plant
For food mainly suitable young shoots of asparagus that have not yet blossomed buds. Then in the vegetable dish is soft, gentle. When you purchase is necessary to pay attention to the surface of the fruit. It must be present shiny reflux at sensation vegetable must be resilient, elastic. If two raw fresh asparagus pieces to rub against each other, they make a characteristic rasping sound.
Many experienced cooks converge on the fact that this vegetable is better to use fresh for a few days after the purchase, and do not freeze it (so the plant will be able to preserve the beneficial properties). If no other choice, you need to put in the freezer already cooked stalks of the plant. There is the opportunity to dried, pickled asparagus for long-term storage, but the taste of the plant will not be so bright.
Video: the benefits of all kinds of asparagus
There are many varieties of asparagus (a total of about two hundred), they differ in color, slightly different in composition. Basically, in the shops sold green and white vegetable. But there are other, more rare species, useful for a person - for example, purple, pink plants with a bitter taste after cooking. Asparagus white color, as a rule, thicker white and has a mild, delicate flavor. Read more about the beneficial properties, the impact on the body, the possible ways of preparation and storage of the product, its caloric content, refer to the following video:
Contraindications to the use of asparagus
- Allergic reactions which are caused by individual intolerance of any substance contained in the composition of vegetable asparagus.
- Serious disease in acute gastrointestinal tract (plant provokes irritation of the gastric mucosa).
- Articular rheumatism.
- Cystitis (acute form).
- Gastric ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer.
Green, white asparagus and other varieties - an indispensable product in the human diet, which keeps track of their health. Useful properties of this vegetable helps to prevent many serious diseases, cope with existing disease. This medicinal plant is suitable for men, women and children of all ages.